Marshall DSL-40: What do you dislike about them?

jammwill

The amp can sound pretty dam good with some tweaks I just installed some JJ tubes and a Celestion V-Type in mine, solid sounding in the room with nice bass and mid response... plenty of cut!
Here is a little sample that I recorded with a Tascam digital recorder about 3' away to give you an Idea of the tone, sounds way better in the room!

I dont use a ton of gain but this is Lead 1 with the gain on 6

[/ ]
Sounds great. I use Red 1 almost exclusively, with the stock speaker. I don't get the hate about this channel - it sounds good to me and is very useable as a hard rock distortion sound.

Someguitarguy

I'd counter that overused idioms are like assholes, and besides, you can actually learn something from an opinion, depending on it's source, whereas assholes don't present much worth paying too much attention to, regardless of who they belong to.
I certainly like what you're saying, but unfortunately most people actually don't quite know what they're talking about and/or have little to no experience with the subject at hand. I can tell when to take advice (which isn't often online unfortunately) and when someone is just saying something to be an a-hole (which IS often unfortunately) now, if we could just swap these two statistics around that'd be greeeat

NamaEnsou

Silver Supporting Member
I don't get the hate about this channel - it sounds good to me and is very useable as a hard rock distortion sound.
I don't get the love about this channel, but am able to recognize that if others are happy with it then it's got redeeming qualities and it doesn't have to be a disagreement about whether the amp is valid or not, as its popularity already lets us know that a good number of players like it.

I didn't like the 2nd channel but you and others do. Perfect, since we can each play through what we like and not like what we don't like.

hi gain for metal was pretty mushy and when it was boosted to tighten it got real fizzy, I saved diligently to buy one and ended up returning it...clean and crunch tones were great tho, but not being able to cover thrash metal tones was a deal breaker

NamaEnsou

Silver Supporting Member
Could use a little more verb in reverb ;-)
My friend took his to a shop last year and they increased the reverb by a LOT. No idea what they did, but there is a huge difference. Personally I like my reverb pedal which rides in the back of the amp full time.

blaster

I love mine. Replaced speaker only. Play at home and either channel works well after tweaking the EQ

Trending Topics