Marshall Echohead

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by porsch8, May 22, 2006.

1. porsch8

porsch8 Member

Its out on pedalgeek and some other website

Anyone try it yet?

2. Shredcow

Shredcow Member

yeap.
    For the price, in Singapore its $160 SGD (maybe 90USD?), its a steal when compared to the other delay pedals in the price range. (e.g. Ibanez DE7, Boss DD series, Digitech Digidelay etc) The modes all sound pretty good and usable.

However, I'm not a fan of big delays... I just use a little to wet the tone... for that, the analog/echo emulation on the Marshal has a great warmth to it, just what I would like to have.

3. EdMan57

EdMan57 Member

It looks like a really good delay pedal at a decent price...also like the reverb pedal,as well.Some nice sound clips at www.pedalgeek.com .

Ed

4. jezzzz2003

jezzzz2003 Member

I have a batch of the new modulation pedals in stock, all of which have intermittent faults.
    Effect will turn off whilst the led is still shining bright and signal running through as normal.
    Im on my 3rd reverb now,
    By the way im not using a battery, 9v boss power supply, none of my other pedals have ever done this.
    I like it apart from that, its kinda like a suprise, I never know when its gonna work or not.

:crazyguy

5. Jungleman

Jungleman Member

I was recently looking for a moderately priced analog-style delay for my #2 pedalboard. Tested the Echohead, Rocktron Short Timer and Carl Martin Red Repeat. Echohead was ok, but couldn't do any spaceship-taking-off -sounds. It has tap tempo, which I don't really need, and the trailing function was nice but not really useful to me. The Red Repeat has just one good basic sound and a nice range of adjustments, and the price was about 80 € compared to the Echohead's 130 €. Guess which I bought...

6. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

I see the Marshalls are called "passive bypass"...is that the same thing as true bypass?

7. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

"I see the Marshalls are called "passive bypass"...is that the same thing as true bypass?"

Thats very misleading. Passive bypass doesnt not mean true bypass. What i think they are trying to do is to create some hype which means more sales. Really marshall pedal are just like boss in the sence that they are buffered bypass and do make a pop when the footswitch is switched.

8. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

Any new words on the Echohead? Who's tried it?

9. jgyn

jgyn Member

I tried both the Reflector and Echohead. They sounded good, but...
    There was no way to get a totally wet signal from either. At full effect level, it was still 50% dry signal.
    Not good for reverse delay and ambient reverb sounds.

10. Thazy

Thazy Member

I don't use delay much but I like the Echohead. Has some usefull delay, echo sounds and it sounds very good with all my OD boxes in front of it. The bypass was very good also. I do run a booster after it though. I think it's a good choice if $$ are an issue.

11. funkxel

funkxel Member

I own one. For the money, it's not bad, if you need the versatility.

The Hifi-mode sounds a bit muffled, compared to a Boss DD-3, but still nicer than the Digitech box.
    The "analog"-mode is not very convincing (Ibanez EM5 sounds better, real analog is galaxies away).
    I like the "tape"-mode best (maybe only because I never tried a real tape echo). It's kinda slightly modulated echo.
    The other modes range from soso to nice, soundwise, but won't be overly useful to mainstream guitarists.
    The bypass is very good.
    Mine has a minor problem: if the power gets shortly interrupted, i have to unplug it (guitar and power) and then replug to get it working again.

My opinion: Consider it if you absolutely need the EH's features. If not, go for the specialized pedal. (Unfortunately, so far I wasn't able to compare it to an EchoPark.)