• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Marshall guys...Jubilee question.

Gi-gi-giggity

Are all Jubilee's silver tolex and silver face, or did they make any heads and/or combos with black tolex and silver face?
Is one more desirable than the other? What's a fair street price on some of these guys?

Thanks.

BBQLS1

I think the silver tolex is more desireable. The 2555 and 2550 came in black and gold like a regular marshall, and of course the Slash models came out later. I don't think there was a black/silver combo.

S.A.M.

Mine is Black Tolex w/ Silver Chassis. But someone retolexed it that way before I got it:mad:

2555 100w Silver Chrome 87-88
2555 100w Black Gold 89-90
2550 50w Silver Chrome 87-88
2550 50w Black Gold 89-90
2555SL 100w Black Gold (Slash head) 1996
2553 50w Silver Chrome (small box head) 87-88
2554 50w 1x12 Silver Chrome 87-88
2554 50w 1x12 Black Gold 89-90
2558 50w 2x12 Silver Chrome 87-88
2558 50w 2x12 Black Gold 89-90

These are all the versions I've seen. Personally I found the Slash head to be the best. It had more "umph" in the low end then any other.

I think they are. I stopped using them only because I am after a cleaner fender sound...but as you can see in my name, I love them. First amp I ever bought that I INSTANTLY liked.

...like a, play first 4 notes..pause and blink at the amp, kinda experience:)

They are really great.

Check out a bunch of Jubilee clips in my signature.

Ironman

The Jub's are a great sounding MV head! I've had a bunch over the years (2558, Slash's, 2555's). They all sounded really nice although as with any gear there were subtle tonal differences between them all. Probably not enough for a listener to notice, just something I could pick up on.

They pack a healthy punch, are pretty thick sounding and have a wonderfull grind/growl that is truly unique. Think of a darker, smoother more refined JCM800 with way more gain on tap.

Sadly, I may be selling my 2555 halfstack here soon. I'm not a collector and need the funds for a channel switching head that has a dedicated clean. :NUTS

bonchie123

Silver Supporting Member
Are all Jubilee's silver tolex and silver face, or did they make any heads and/or combos with black tolex and silver face?
Is one more desirable than the other? What's a fair street price on some of these guys?

Thanks.
One really isn't "more desireable" then the other. Pretty much any jubilee is worth about the same amount because of how great they are or are at least percieved (I personally love them). People seem to take whatever they can get their hands on. The 1988 black tolex models are rarer and you don't see them very often. But they are the same exact amps as the 1987 silver models.

A fair street price is 1100-1500 depending on the model and condition.

If you wanta a combo I have a 2554 Jubilee for sale. I've got a 2x12 and am getting a 2550 head and have no use for the 2554 anymore. Only reason I'm selling it. The fact that I'm getting another jubilee should speak for itself. I'ved owned 3 JCM800's, Mesa stiletto's, traynors, and nothing has satisfied me more in the british crunch and rock genre then the jubilee.

mickdann

Mine is Black Tolex w/ Silver Chassis. But someone retolexed it that way before I got it:mad:
Hi there, I've got a black/gold 2550, I've had it for years, I think I'm only the second owner, I was just googling around and found you post (from a while back!).
I believe there were a very limited number that were made a silver chassis but housed in black cabinets, so if yours was originally black it could be a very exclusive version! What serial number is it?
Mick

Mikey100

Thanks.
I have the black/chrome 2555 and 25/50 from 1987. My dad bought them at discount from Jim Marshall at the factory, I think they are some of the earliest ones, the 2555 serial number is 00024.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom