Marshall Haze Settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by andrewruel, Jan 23, 2012.

1. andrewruel

andrewruel Member

This is a pretty specific request, but I'm wondering if any TGP'ers out there with a Marshall Haze wish to share their settings? I have the 40-watt combo (from the $359 B-stock deal that someone mentioned here about a month ago), but I'd love to hear 15-watt head settings as well.

Where I like it most is on the OD channel: (clock numbers) Boost off, Gain 2, Treble 3, Mid 11, Bass 11, Presence 2, no effects. When I use this with my King of Tone (high gain red side with drive at 3 or 4), it sounds great for a variety of rock tones. When I turn off my KOT it sounds.... not great. Still kind of muddy. Has anyone had any more luck dialing in the amp's base tone?

Edit: I'm using a strat, usually with the neck pickup.

2. dinglehopper

dinglehopper Member

with my haze 40 on the od channel: gain 5-10, volume 5-8, treble 5-6, middle 8, bass 3, presence 4-5. without boost - no effects. with boost - delay.

seems to me that the higher the volume can be turned, the better the amp sounds and the less gain is needed.

4 button footswitch is great.

3. andrewruel

andrewruel Member

Thanks! I'll give those settings a shot. I'm assuming you're using 1-10 numbers rather than clockface numbers?

Anyone else?

4. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

These questions puzzle me. We don't know what sound you like or what you're using. It's not really that hard to figure out is it?

I have the gain on about 8, base about 4 mids around 6, treble 5, presence 0, so clearly my settings won't do you any good

5. andrewruel

andrewruel Member

The whole premise of this website is to say what we like, hear what other people like, and learn. That's also the premise of this thread. What's puzzling about that?

6. andrewruel

andrewruel Member

I just want to see how others are using their Hazes. It's always good to see how someone else has dialed it in, especially when you play a wide variety of styles that require different tones. Saves some time if you can use someone else's as a starting point to find your own.

Thanks for your settings - it actually does help me. Keep 'me coming!

7. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I should mention I keep the drive button pressed in. I like amp distortion, rather than pedals.