Sold Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 head

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by J Factor, May 21, 2019.

1. J Factor

J Factor Silver Supporting Member

***SOLD on Reverb***

Hi TGPers,
    I know this isn't a particularly rare or boutique amp, but it sounds great, so I figured I'd post it up here in case anyone was interested. It is also posted on my Reverb store and on local Facebook ads as well. I'd ask $500 OBO plus actual shipping for TGPers. (edit: was $600)

I wasn't originally planning on shipping it, but I ended up working up a shipping estimate from the Chicago area to AR, and it was about $75, insured w/signature via UPS Ground.

----

Up for sale is my Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100 guitar amp head. It's in great shape, and has been well loved yet well cared-for. It was one of my dream amps during my formative years, and I'm honored to have enjoyed it for the last 5 years. It's a 2005 model, and therefore is not subject to some of the issues suffered by the early JCM2000 DSL models.

First off, this thing is as LOUD as you want to be! The master volume works great, and still sounds good even at bedroom volumes, but it really shines when cranked, as any good 100W Marshall should.

It has all the delicious Marshall crunch you could want, and a nice clean tone as well on the Classic Gain channel. The Ultra Gain channel will melt faces at any volume, and there is no shortage of gain on tap. All knobs and features work as they should. The splashy long-tank reverb is very lush, on par with some of the units I've used in Fender amps, as well.

The front grill cloth was changed to a smooth crimson color before I purchased the amp. I quite like the look, and it adds a bit of visual flavor without looking tacky. The original white logo and piping are there, though the piping doesn't fit very tight down near the control panel. Overall it's in great shape, with just a few small nicks in the Tolex covering from loading in and out of gigs over the years. I have documented the nicks and scrapes in the pictures, but they are very minor.

The amp was recently serviced at Deltronics, and authorized Marshall service shop in Woodridge, IL. They performed a repair on the HT fuse, installed a fresh quad of Electro-Harmonix EL34 tubes, and reset the bias. It now has a clean bill of health and is ready to rock for a very long time!

I love the way this amp sounds, but my living situation is changing and I no longer have any place to properly use a big 100W head. I have moved on to smaller, lower wattage amps, but I will always appreciate the delightful Marshall kerrang that this DSL has given me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    SgtThump likes this.
  2. J Factor

Bumped, price drop to $550 OBO plus actual shipping for TGPers

3. Brian hammond

Brian hammond Member

4. J Factor

Yes it is!

5. Brian hammond

Brian hammond Member

tempting... but the crimson. .. hmmmm.

6. J Factor

It was previously owned by a member of a local band called Red Novella; that red color was their look. I dig it, but I could see how it's not for everyone. The good news is that it's easily changed back to black or whatever color suits you!

7. J Factor

Price drop! $500 + actual shipping.

8. J Factor