Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602 with cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lennon08, Jan 4, 2008.

1. lennon08

lennon08 Member

I may have missed this is there an issue with the Marshall JCM2000 602's? I payed $900 for the combo with the matching cabinet including padded covers. When I see them on Ebay they aren't selling for very much. I really dig the warmth. I use a Gibson LP Standard Deluxe and a Fender American Standard Tele and they sound awesome. The clean channel really rocks with an Analog Man TS9/808/

Just wondering what others think.

2. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Supporting Member

I had the tsl 602 as my amin amp for along time. It's strange, I had a DSl 100 that gave me nothign but trouble from the day I bought it, cold solder joints, wiring problems, broken this, broken that, you name it, never even gigged.

The TSl602 was gigged 3-4 nights a week for a good 2-3 years with not even a blown tube.

I put NOS tubes and Celestion G12H30s in mine, and loved it. Stock it was fine too.

3. lennon08

lennon08 Member

There's not so much a problem as too why they retail for so much and then resale for so little. These don't seem to hold much value!

4. mds

mds Member

Yeah, the DSLs have the same problem. My DSL50 is a great amp, and can easily be had for half of retail...kinda sucks....

5. lennon08

lennon08 Member

Anyone know why this is? I really dig the amp. I was the 60 Watt was the way to go because the others were issue prone. This was a an repitable amp repair shop.

6. NortheastHick

NortheastHick Supporting Member

I think its great the jcm2000 line sells so cheap used....I think they are fantastic amps, and now i have a bunch of them that were like new for very little moola.

7. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

I didn't care for my DSl 100, but I did kind of dig the 50 watt version of the same amp. Go figure.

8. jezzzz2003

jezzzz2003 Member

9. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

Lots of folks don't like them for all kinds of reasons. They look like a computer on the side. I used to own one, I had a problem with the heater circuit not working (cold solder joint).

They can sound pretty good though.

10. lennon08

lennon08 Member

Good point about the price......I guess I don't plan on selling it so it shouldn't matter eh?