Marshall JMP 2x12 combo advice?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Goldstrat, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Goldstrat

Goldstrat Supporting Member

I know where a nice JMP 2x12 with EL-34's and Celestion G-1265 speakers. Do you think $1250 is too high for that amp? Are there any clean tones from this amp? Anyone with experience please tell me about the good the bad and the ugly. If I get it I use an LP with Crossroads / Darkbursts, a Charvel Model 3 and a 68 Tele. Thanks!!!!!!

2. SvenHock

SvenHock Silver Supporting Member

That price seems high unless it is 100% original and and close to new which is highly unlikely. I paid 600.00-650.00 (cant remember which) 3 or 4 years ago and mine has the same features you have listed.

Its a great amp, does a nice crunch, takes pedals well and cleans up lowering the volume knob from your guitar. You can also run that Tele in the low input and start twanging if you like!! Try to talk the seller down some and make sure it has had no mods. They are great amps when working properly.

3. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

i just "stole" on ebay for 880 shipped ... so I wouldn't consider 1250 too high. the amp is freaking sweet. cleans are no problem.

4. Goldstrat

They want $1250 for it but I am trying to work a trade.

5. rastaman

rastaman Member

There was a dude on The Emporium selling one for $1600 mint, I thought that was way high.

6. zenpeace69

zenpeace69 Member

That is high. I would shoot for around $1,000 if you can haggle them down. Those circuits are capable of awesome clean tones. Just use the low input and dial the master volume all the way up. With an RV-2 and a chorus, you can manage some awesome shimmery Police type tones.

7. bosstone

bosstone Member

I had the JCM 800, 50 watt version of the same amp with the same speakers. These amps are very similar. I regret selling it more that any amp I have ever owned. Its a great amp and well worth the price. It is a bit heavy and very bulky though, so I would personally rather have the head version and use some cab that used the same Rola Celestion G12-65 speakers.

8. Goldstrat

This sold for $1400. No way I was going to pay that.