Marshall Jubilee head vs CAE OD100 head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Bad G.A.S., Aug 23, 2008.

1. Bad G.A.S.

Bad G.A.S. Senior Member

Isn't the CAE OD100 based on a classic Marshall amp? (not sure if it's a Jubilee or not)...Saw a Silver Jubilee on Evilbay for over 5 grand...Too rich for my blood...I think I could do up to 3 max though..How does the Jubilee series compare to the CAE OD100 series, if at all? I'm looking for an amp with equally great clean and overdrive channels...Also, I'd like to get most, if not all, of my distortion from the amp...from blues, funk, and alternative, to high gain shred...Any other similar amp recommendations are welcome as well. Thanks!

2. sniffyduke

sniffyduke Member

Silver Jubalie is what John From the chillie peppers uses. I would give it a 7 on a scale from 1 to 10

3. kdp86

kdp86 Member

I love my Jubilee, but the lead channel is the only reason they're so popular. They're no 'jack of all trades' amps, but they do marshall gain extremely well.

4. kdp86

kdp86 Member

5. dumbell78

dumbell78 Member

Sydney by way of Muddy Water Land (Chicago)
    I have both amps and if you need both clean and overdrive then the CAE is more for your taste. Like KDP said the lead channel is what makes the Jub so great, in fact I like the Jub's overdrive tone better then the CAE.

6. HEAVENandHELL

HEAVENandHELL Member

The Guitar Boutique in Greenwood, IN has a Silver Jubliee amp on the floor right now. The price is around $3000 to $3500.