Marshall Jubilee vs Original?

BrentSP

Silver Supporting Member
Whats the general opinion of the new reissue? I used to own a black 2550 and they are cool amps for sure.

Here's the deal....I have a local guy willing to trade a new/mint Jubilee 2555 reissue and matching 412 straight over for my PRS single cut Ted. Value wise I'd be ahead. I'm really wanting a SLO again but they seem hard to be found used at a reasonable price right now.

BrentSP

Silver Supporting Member
The PRS seems to be very difficult to sell unless I want to take a huge hit which I'm not willing to do. You think the jube setup would be an easier sale?

Nah. Keep the guitar and find an SLO.

If you want a Jube get an original one.

jimijimmyjeffy

I played that amp and liked it. Smooth and pleasing gain stages. I liked it best out of the new Marshalls Guitar Center had. But I don't know anything else to add. Good luck.

BrentSP

Silver Supporting Member
Also this guy has a victory v100 duke and matching 412 to trade straight over also (he really want this PRS) I know nothing about Victory.

goddot

The reissue is a great amp that sounds very close to an original, sometimes better, there were some early revisions to the original. Any difference can really come down to tubes and component values as no two amps are alike regardless who made them. The 2555 is not a high gain amplifier and completely different than the SLO. The marshall is more raw and the slo more produced//smoothed out.

Trending Topics