Marshall Origin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Dean_E, Jan 25, 2018.

1. xrcdan

xrcdan Supporting Member

i've got a 50c, i gig with it , i like it and i know i will never use 2 cabs with it. so its fine as is for me.

biff maloy likes this.
  2. WienerDog

WienerDog Supporting Member

Amp received — DEFECTIVE!!!!

3. ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

4. 70' s Tone

70' s Tone Member

5. WienerDog

At this point Marshall should be ashamed of itself....

6. 70' s Tone

70' s Tone Member

...and burn in Hell?
    Just thinking aloud. :rolleyes:

7. ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin Member

Official statement from Marshall..

[​IMG]

8. Rooster72

Rooster72 Member

Sent my first 50h back to Sweetwater Saturday, still using the second defective speaker jack 50h they sent me waiting on the 3rd one they will send me I guess sometime this week when the next shipment arrives which at one time I heard was July 12??
    Their service department told me this next shipment they are receiving has the issue resolved.
    We shall see.
    Never have got to play so many new amps in my life lol.

9. TheDropout

TheDropout Member

The service rep told me yesterday he needs to talk to marshall and will let me know when he hears back. he didnt even know when they were getting ones in stock. I wish sweetwater would get together and all get on the same page about this.

ColonelForbin likes this.
  10. WienerDog

This all seems so simple: (1) purchasers/consumers have known of the defects since late April/early May; (2) dealers have known of the defects since late April/early May; and (3) Marshall must now know of the defects (how can it not?). So how has this problem persisted for so long?????

11. ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin Member

Yeah; left hand right hand not talking to each other! Or over zealous website guy? Lol; their website is usually so vague; they are going all in on this tomorrow ETA.

"Available Tomorrow (July 12)"

12. Jason Fieldhouse

Jason Fieldhouse Member

What will people do to keep their guitar from sitting there feeding back during their mid set beer break? :-O

13. epauley

epauley Member

Man, this is discouraging. Thanks for the update.

14. Figaro

Figaro Supporting Member

I'm sure that most Origin amps are NOT being returned because most buyers are unaware of the issue.

Beaky likes this.
  15. ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin Member

Yeah; that it's still happening on current shipments is crazy!

231 page thread and counting; and they still haven't managed to ship one unit working right out of the box.

Which is really annoying since the amp sounds killer... I just wanna play it and discuss tone and speakers and mics and bands.

Hoping it's just that Prymaxe isn't yet innundated with returns and folks blowing them up with defective amp complaints.

The vendors are just flushing shipping money down the drain; ship, return, re ship, re return, ship again; rinse and repeat!

I won't even hope or speculate.. Going to jam Saturday after work; would be awesome to bring the new one to that....

epauley likes this.
  16. Figaro

Figaro Supporting Member

I will add to may last post...
    TGP Forum along with Marshall Forum customers are probably the few that are even aware of the issue.
    Maybe similar to an automobile recall? They just fix or replace the ones that people complain about but an official announcement is not made unless enough people complain about it and it gets widely known.

epauley likes this.
  17. rick66

rick66 Member

No word from SW on mine. Last I heard was Monday 'morn when I was told they were looking into the issue and that they will "take care of me." I understand....it's not really their issue, it's on Marshall.

I'm still playing mine thru my 1965a 4X10. I remain torn between this amp and playing through my Studio 15 through the 4x10, as to which is more appealing to me. The Studio has more pre-amp gain at lower volume which sounds rather decent. When I raise the volume to get near the Origin on the low power setting (still loud on low power) with the Origin Master at about 7/8 to get some PT overdrive, the Studio seems to keep up quite well with the Origin.

18. VA_siCkBoy

VA_siCkBoy Silver Supporting Member

I'm sorry but I am LATE to the game.
    I have been out of town, all over the world and have not had a chance to keep up.
    I just recently picked up my Origin 20 head and have had very limited time on it. I love the sounds i am getting from this amp but am concerned about all the complaints.
    Could someone point me in the right direction so I can determine if I have one of the "defective" amps?

BTW...I am out of town at the moment so I have no way to check this

19. ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin Member

Should be able to do it by visual inspection. Or plug two 16ohm cabs into the center and right speaker jack.

Defective = only one cab works.

Defective back panel design:
    (Notice the center and right speaker jacks both say 8ohm)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New/revised design:

This is the graphic from revised manual: (notice far right jack now labeled 2x16 and line connecting to center jack)

[​IMG]

This is Beaky's amp; repaired by Marshall in UK; they put a sticker over the old label:

[​IMG]

VA_siCkBoy and Beaky like this.
  20. Rooster72

Rooster72 Member

I went back and looked at my past e mails on my first 50h return request to Sweetwater and a SW tech asking me what exactly what the problem was? After explaining it to him he said he wasn’t aware of anybody else having the issue but would send me a replacement when available and keep using it until I received new one. Told him I would and appreciated it, and I also told him he should check on TGP website and there were others on there that alerted me that there was a issue with it as I only use 1 cabinet but still wanted a correct working one.
    That e mail was back on MAY 12
    And there are still Sweetwater reps and Techs saying they aren’t aware????Wow!