Marshall Origin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Dean_E, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Figaro

Figaro Member

Apparently, Sweetwater has a big communication problem between their sales office and their warehouse. :confused :crazy :bkw

2. WienerDog

WienerDog Supporting Member

I've been in touch with Marshall service in the US, and they are going to fix my amp for me.

Beaky, sjruvolo and ColonelForbin like this.
  3. Chippertheripper

Chippertheripper Supporting Member

and do what, exactly, to it?

4. John Nada

John Nada Member

Hi guys, haven't checked here in a while and missed too much te read everything. Hope some of you finally received their (working) Origin. I'm only getting happier with my Origin now that I know the amp better. I used it on EP recordings in May and as of this week I'm recording with it again. Also I used it shooting a music video almost a week ago (ofcourse I used it recording the song as well). Might it be one of the first music video's with an Origin? ;)

Anyway, here's what the Origin sounds like in a final mix/recording and I think it works visually in a music video just as good :)

5. Laservampire

Laservampire Member

Wow, reading over the issues in this thread makes me glad I gave up on Marshalls years ago after a run of defective amps in a row. They STILL can't get their sh|t together.

6. WienerDog

WienerDog Supporting Member

They say they will get it correct to factory specs

7. Thevenin

Thevenin Member

I sent an email to Marshall HQ back in June, response was the standard "Hello, That’s for your request. We have this service center that can update your amp for you. All you will need is a copy of your receipt and they will contact us for info on the update-". Well, the service center doesn't sell Marshall amps, they would require I drop it off to get it in the queue of local service repairs, or a fix was found. Not happening. I kept the amp and will wait for the fix to be made public. Holding pattern right now.

8. Thevenin

Thevenin Member

Marshall should just tell me de-solder here, jumper here, and included is a complimentary updated silkscreened back plate. Sorry for your inconvenience.
    30 minutes and done. Easy peasy.

9. Figaro

Figaro Member

My dealer sent my 20 head to a Marshall service center in Mississippi. Maybe they will add in a little swamp music mojo. :stir

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    ColonelForbin likes this.
  10. TheGuitarSafari

TheGuitarSafari Supporting Member

Just received a brand new Marshall 50H head today from Guitar Center after waiting several weeks for it to come in stock. After reading the thread I am now aware I received one with the defective speaker jacks today. Sounds great but sending it back for a non defective one.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  11. epauley

epauley Member

This sentence deserves to be acknowledged for its poetic and expressive qualities.

12. TheGuitarSafari

Sweetwater is advertising the 50H head on ebay again as in stock, pics show the defective jacks.

13. Rooster72

Rooster72 Member

Just received e mail from Sweetwater tech repair department that my repair on my 50h has been completed and is shipping with my eta Tuesday July 17.
    The email said repair and not replacement like they sent me the first time which still had the same speaker jack issue!

14. TheGuitarSafari

Just called Guitar Center and they are not aware at all of any problems. Said they would look into it and get back to me.

Brad

15. 70' s Tone

70' s Tone Member

Much thanks and allow me to express my sincerest, most heartfelt gratitude.
    Now excuse me while I try to fit my head through the door. :D

epauley likes this.
  16. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

Ugg. Wonder if they switched back to the cheap jacks. Last time they had this issue is because they didn't want to spring for UK made Cliff jacks.

Figaro likes this.
  17. TheGuitarSafari

@Rooster72 would be so kind to forward me the sweetwater email so I can send it to Guitar Center as proof of the issue.

ty
    Brad
    xguitar@icloud.com

18. 70' s Tone

70' s Tone Member

Talk about taking advantage of the public. Every one of those defective units should be returned to Marshall and fixed.

19. GilmourD

GilmourD Member

LOL Guitar Center doesn't care. Trust me. I used to work for them. I got in trouble for caring.

Figaro likes this.
  20. gearscrubs

gearscrubs Supporting Member

It's probably a $5 fix that far less than 1% of Origin owners would ever have a use for. I'm not saying Marshall shouldn't address the issue and offer to fix it, because they should, but recalling thousands of amps for a non-safety related minor defect that really only impacts functionality for a handful of users is silly.

stormymondays and Cliffhydro like this.