• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Marshall Pedal Blowout

storm319

The Guv'nor is a good pedal. The rest are nothing special. The switches are kind of cheap.

Moe45673

strongly disagree. While the switches are cheap, the marshall line is incredible bang for the buck. I've used the ED-1 and JH-1 and both sound awesome (JH-1 only on the OD setting, though). I've also heard great things about the reverb, delay, and modulation pedal.

The ED-1 is a must buy, IMO. Especially at that price, but even for regular. Low noise, extremely versatile (can go from transparent to super squishy), and great sound/compression quality. I have yet to hear a negative comment on any marshall pedal in terms of sonic quality, minus the Guv'nor (no offense, storm, I'm not trying to pick a fight, this is simply IME). I tried a GV-2 at the store and it was extremely buzzy; the JH-1 sounded great though which led to me buying one a bit later.

However, many folks here laud the GV-2.

Anyhow, I digress. You can't go wrong with any of those

RomanS

+ for the Ed compressor - I did an extensive shoot-out with compressors before buying, and chose the Marsall over the Line6 Constrictor (waaayyy to noisy!), Boss CS-3 (too cold), Digitech & DOD compressors (noisy & cold) and the MXR Dynacomp (great sound, but a one-trick-pony, the Ed is more versatile).

keto

strongly disagree. While the switches are cheap, the marshall line is incredible bang for the buck. I've used the ED-1 and JH-1 and both sound awesome (JH-1 only on the OD setting, though). I've also heard great things about the reverb, delay, and modulation pedal.

The ED-1 is a must buy, IMO. Especially at that price, but even for regular. Low noise, extremely versatile (can go from transparent to super squishy), and great sound/compression quality. I have yet to hear a negative comment on any marshall pedal in terms of sonic quality, minus the Guv'nor (no offense, storm, I'm not trying to pick a fight, this is simply IME). I tried a GV-2 at the store and it was extremely buzzy; the JH-1 sounded great though which led to me buying one a bit later.

However, many folks here laud the GV-2.

Anyhow, I digress. You can't go wrong with any of those
Wow, I could have written this. ED-1 and JH-1 in OD mode only, on my board and not going anywhere. Underrated by a huge margin, the ED especially.

Garygtr

Almost as good!
Gold Supporting Member
$29 for the VT-1? :eek:
That is a killer deal, I use that pedal and like it just fine, and I paid a lot more than $29 for it :mad:

stinkfoot

Killer deals, if you ask me. The ED-1 is a *very* good compressor. The only problem is the bypass wiring... you won't notice much if it's sitting after a buffered/active pedal, but when it's the first thing the guitar sees, it drops a fair bit of treble while boosting the midrange. Very weird. There's plenty of room in there for a 3PDT switch, but I still haven't been able to get rid of a nasty switch pop. It may be something in the way the pedal is wired, with plenty of different cable connectors all over the place - none of the usual pop-reducing tricks worked with this one...

Still, at that price it's a super deal. I've heard good things about the delay and Vibratrem too - I just wish they hadn't gone for those fancy looking knobs (they look nice, but even in regular daylight it's hard to tell how they are set, let alone on stage).

/Andreas

blood5150

thinking of getting the comp.... do I need it? I dont know..

Is this too good of a deal to pass by.... yes.

P_Phrank

I grabbed the Vibratrem. Been looking for a cheap Trem and it's $20 cheaper than the Cool Cat and it has Vibe.

Thanks for the heads-up.

dkals

I picked up a Guv'nor before Christmas when they had them on sale @ GC for $29.90. And just scored a Regenerator today at GC for $29.90 minus my 10% discount coupon out the door with tax was $28.50.

I am not a cork sniffer so for the price these are not bad pedals.

I was suprised when GC said they could get a new one for me from another store and get it shipped in within 1 day. In the past if something was on sale at GC I had to do all the leg work and hunting it down.

Trending Topics