Marshall Plexi Video, Tele & LP. Andy Has Outdone Himself!

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by ProGuitarShop, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ProGuitarShop

ProGuitarShop Member

2. MBreinin

MBreinin Supporting Member

Sounds awesome! Glad to see that 65 Amps London retired.

Mike

3. The Whale

The Whale Supporting Member

Proguitarshop...

Your site is addictive! thanks for the quality and time you put into each video. I have a question: i have a modded Traynor that's basically a 50watt plexi at this point... only the faceplate is stock! When i get it crunchy, it sound almost exactly like your video, even down to this odd phasing sound when i vibrato a note. What is that? this is the oldest amp i've owned, and the only non-master volume amp as well. Is this normal? I'm playing low output PAFS through it, and it's plugged into a 2x12 cab with G12m's. Thanks again for the videos!!!

4. pickslide

pickslide Supporting Member

I love that Over The Hills tone...nice and thick.

5. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Very nice work guys! Cool chops Andy!

6. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

Les Paul and a NMV Marshall, who needs that soho amp. Loved the demo.

7. ProGuitarShop

ProGuitarShop Member

I did the same thing with one of the Traynor amps. It is a great poor man's plexi. The odd phasing that you are hearing is probably a ghost note or cone cry. A lightly doped speaker (which I personally prefer) will give you that "cone cry" and it can create that strange phasing sound. Some people like it some people hate it.

8. The Whale

The Whale Supporting Member

Thanks for replying, Aaron. Yeah, i love the traynor... the cone cry has always annoyed me though. I think i'll give some higher power speakers a try... maybe some Eminence Private Jacks. Thanks again!
    Mike

9. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Whatchyou talkin bout Willis?

The Soho is the amp for pedal demos. This video is a demo of the Marshall itself like all the other "amp" demos.

PROGUITARSHOP

Can Andy please give us more info on these...like what cab/speakers he's playing through at least.

10. hamfist

hamfist Member

Some really nice tones from the Marshall. I really like Andy's demo style. What he plays is straightforward and feels relevant to what I'm wanting to hear from an amp, with very little blues widdling (what a relief).

Agreed with Jamison162, I would also like a little detail about cab/speakers.

11. ProGuitarShop

ProGuitarShop Member

Andy is just forgetting to mention the cab/speakers. We have actually had this conversation. We picked up a number of different cabs for amp videos. The Marshall 4x12 has greenbacks in it. The cream Bad Cat cab is a 1x12 V30. The cream VOX cab has Celestion Blues. The black Bad Cat 2x12 cab has V30's. We also have a Marshall 2x12 with G12H30's.

I'll make sure Andy starts to mention it in the future.

12. leodiditright

leodiditright Supporting Member

The vid of the Marshall Modern Vintage is even better, I really don't understand why everybody is saying that this amp sounds like poo, the demo of this amp on Guitar Player TV sounds great too...

13. ProGuitarShop

ProGuitarShop Member

Too funny. The general consensus on the amps has been just the opposite. Most people think the VM sounds terrible. Aahhh the undefinable subjective qualities of tone.

14. ProGuitarShop

ProGuitarShop Member

I get it. Yeah I misunderstood you. I think the VM is better than people give it credit for. However, it is not the classic Marshall sound that the majority of people are looking for. I agree about the Plexi though. That thing is flat out mean sounding.