marshall sv20h

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by joe.h, Sep 11, 2019 at 8:47 PM.

1. joe.h

joe.h Member

love the sound of this amp.has any one tried a volume pedal in the effects loop to lower the volume. twenty Marshall watts is loud for most small gigs but would be great if you could control the volume through the effects!

2. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

I have used the JHS Black Box. Plug it into the FX loop and use the dial to decrease volume. It DOES make it sound a bit different because not all the signal hits the power section, but it did work well and messing with the amp controls I was able to get some excellent tones at bearable volumes. Great amp but LOUD!

3. JCantrell

JCantrell Member

Honestly you shouldn’t be considering a NMV amp if volume is an issue for you

Plexi = ****ing loud, plain and simple

You don’t buy a Ferrari to only go 5 mph in parking lots

The SC20H can get a somewhat similar tone at lower volumes

wntbtw likes this.
  4. Matteo11

Matteo11 Supporting Member

If you are stuck on the SV-20 then Get a Fryette PS-2 attenuator for it and you will be all set.

If you got a little extra coin get a plexi style amp with a MV like a Metroplex or Smallbox or get one with a PPIMV like a Germino or Rockitt Retro.

Look at Ceriatone too. Nick could build you a plexi style amp with a MV probably cheaper than the SV20.

BearBryan and wntbtw like this.
  5. joe.h

joe.h Member

I play mostly classic rock and country rock and must admit this amp sounds darn good. but every were I play either the sound guy wants you to turn down or the crowd cant win. have to find a way around this

6. JDandCoke

JDandCoke Member

Doesn't the sv20 have a 5w mode?