Marshall tones at bedroom volumes

fastburn430

I am on my quest for a Marshall type amp with a tone range of Plexi to JCM800 at bedroom volumes. I don't need super distortion, but like enough for classic rock. I don't need more than 30 watts with preferably less. What companies make such an amp?

joolzriff

not to be funny but i would buy a 10w marshall practice amp for a bedroom or living room bro......it would sound much better than a larger amp that cant breath...like driving a ferrari at 35mph all the time

CryBaby

If You really mean bedroom levels, as in "everybody else is asleep".
Buy this one.

In my opinion none of my tubeamps come close, at bedroom-levels.
Including 2,7 watts Tandberg recorder.

For livingroom-levels, I have this.

A little Voxier tone perhaps, but ...
:BEER

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
Your description sounds like a Bumbox 1 watt. I have 2 and might sell one if your interested.

grego7

has left the building
Platinum Supporting Member
Zinky.

Blue.

Velvet.

Best higher gain bedroom amp around. Sounds plenty good loud, but REALLY SHINES when you're trying to get a nice AC/DC or "brown" sound at bedroom levels.

JWR

I always wondered why no one just used a Marshall 2204. That's exactly what I use for low volume, and it get's quite loud if I wish as well.

2555SL

+25.55 on the Jubs. However, if you're determined that it be 30 watts or less, my good friend reports that he is getting some good Marshall territory out of his Aiken Intruder. I haven't heard the amp, but my friend has VERY good ears. I think it's an 18-watt amp, or was it 30? I forget. Anyway, I think it has a built in attenuater, and that should be interesting to anyone looking for bedroom volume levels of home studio applications.

Cheers

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
My Marshall Studio 15 does the trick nicely. They usually go on the bay for around $5-700 and worth every penny. Great crunch.

Trending Topics