Marshall Tucker Band" Ramblin"

m1911

Back in the 70's most of my friends chased Zeppelin & Pink Floyd around the country....

I preferred Toy & Tommy and the The Allmans, CDB, Skynyrd, etc....
This past summer I stopped at the Cemetery in Spartanburg and went to the graves of Toy, Tommy, and George....it gave me chills despite being 95 degrees out that day.

smokinop

Marshall Tucker Band was one of my first concerts, right after the first came out. Love watching Toy & Tommy's thumbs going a crazy. Thanks for the post.

loudboy

Used to play that one back in the 70s.
The band I was in did a lot of Tucker and Allmans and Daniels and such. VERY popular where we were, in upstate NY

I was in Upstate NY then too - we did Ramblin' and it would kill. Really fun song to play.

Go Cat Go!!

Yes!!! When I hear "tele on steroids" tone Toy is on of the first I think of. Thanks for reminding me!

ripgtr

I was in Upstate NY then too - we did Ramblin' and it would kill. Really fun song to play.

We about? We were in the Albany area. That stuff was Really popular around there. People are often surprised by that but that stuff was huge there in the 70s.

loudboy

We about? We were in the Albany area. That stuff was Really popular around there. People are often surprised by that but that stuff was huge there in the 70s.

Between Rochester/Syracuse mainly - Thruway circuit. Used DMR Agency out of Syracuse for a few bands. Others just localized.

There was always a southern rock band in every market, and they were generally tremendously popular. This lasted up until about 2000, but there are still a few bands that do very well playing that stuff.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom