• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Marshall Valvestate 4x12 any good ?

Lullabies

Was wondering if this cab would sound good with my '66 Traynor Yba-1 ?It is the backline at a gig and never used one before. I use a Russian muff as main fuzz sound...

J M Fahey

Not a bad cab, not a killer one.

It's loaded with small magnet low priced Celestions (G12L35), not the typical 1960 large magnet speaker.

Can sound good, just not very loud.

For some, this is an advantage.

Rumble5

Not a bad cab, not a killer one.

It's loaded with small magnet low priced Celestions (G12L35), not the typical 1960 large magnet speaker.

Can sound good, just not very loud.

For some, this is an advantage.

Used to have one. My experience was the exact same. I liked the inefficient, small magnet speakers.

Keep in mind the cab is smaller than the typical Marshall cab so if you put a full size Marshall head on it it will hang over on both sides. I have no idea how wide the Traynor is.

Lullabies

Used to have one. My experience was the exact same. I liked the inefficient, small magnet speakers.

Keep in mind the cab is smaller than the typical Marshall cab so if you put a full size Marshall head on it it will hang over on both sides. I have no idea how wide the Traynor is.

the traynor is a lot smaller so should be fine.. Thanks for the insight guys. I like volume and low end headroom but if these don't sound absolutely terrible it doesn't matter.

jay42

okay...my two pence worth. I had a JCM900 1936 cabinet for a time. It was MDF, and while it sounded okay, was too heavy compared to a real one. 20% heavier maybe? Anyway, it's not the sound of the normal BB cabs. You can A/B them. Some people will like the MDF cabinets better. I think it's important to know what you're getting when it isn't 'normal.'

Trending Topics

Top Bottom