Sold Marshall YJM100 Limited Edition Amplifier

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by John 14:6, May 19, 2015.

1. John 14:6

John 14:6 Member

I am reluctantly selling my Marshall YJM100 amplifier due to needing to get a smaller low wattage amp for the new church building I am playing at. The new building has a smaller stage and my half stack is no longer a good fit. The amp has been babied and has only one minor bump in the tolex of one corner. The amp currently has Groove Tube EL34M Mullard copies in the power section and two NOS RFT 12ax7's and two JJ 12ax7's in the preamp. The amp will ship in the original box along with everything that came with it. There were only 1500 made 400 shipped to the United States. This is easily one of the best amps Marshall has made in many years. Everything works perfectly. $2550 PayPal shipped to Continental US only. The amp is listed on Ebay also and you can see my seller feedback and purchase with confidence. Please message me with any questions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  2. Uli Jon Blackmore

Uli Jon Blackmore Supporting Member

Don't do it. Get a Fryette Power Station like I did. They work so well together. So much better than the power scaling it the amp. That was my strategy, I love the YJM.

QRSS likes this.
  3. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

You should not let this amp go. I have one and there simply is no better modern production Marshall that money can buy!! Keep the amp and save for what you need for your gig.

QRSS and John 14:6 like this.
  4. John 14:6

I may end up doing just that. I bought a Marshall DSL40C Combo last week from Sweetwater and it came with an upgraded (Celestion Creamback 65) stock speaker. I stuck in better tubes and plan to mod it with a choke and upgraded caps also. I am hopeful that the DSL combo will work for what I need. Part of me is gassing for a Friedman Smallbox 50 combo, and part of me knows there will always be a huge YJM100 sized hole in my heart if I ever do part with it.

5. dwk302

dwk302 Member

You'll regret this

QRSS and John 14:6 like this.
  6. John 14:6

It is an incredible amp for sure.

7. nolenuttt

nolenuttt Gold Supporting Member

8. John 14:6

Here is some info on the YJM100.

OVERVIEW

Based on the legendary 1959 model, this one delivers awesome all-tube tone with a host of modern features.

The Yngwie Malmsteen Signature YJM100 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head is a 100-watt, valve head that was developed in close conjunction with the legendary Swedish six-string shredder, Yngwie Malmsteen. The YJM offers the perfect balance of vintage tone and looks alongside modern features, which makes the amplifier the perfect players’ tool for “plug in and play” recording or live performance.

Malmsteen has been a Marshall devotee from the get-go so this collaboration comes as no surprise to his countless fans. “I can’t say enough about my love for the sound, feel and look of the wall of Marshall’s. Since I was 10 years old, I’ve insisted on having them behind me at all times,” the guitarist reveals. “I must have had every amp company in the world ask me to endorse them, over the years. To finally have my own signature Marshall is an honor and this amp is truly a master piece!”

The Marshall YJM100 head is wrapped in classic black levant, which is finished with gold beading, hand-cut corners and vintage script logo. In short, vintage all-tube Marshall Tone and style at its best with rear panel features that deliver maximum "Malmsteen tone."

Based on the power and tone of the “Holy Grail” 1959 Plexi head, the YJM100 offers the ultimate Neo-Classical amp with the following cutting edge features:

1. Footswitchable* Boost with controls for Volume and Gain on the rear panel.
    2. Footswitchable* Noise Gate with rear panel Threshold control.
    3. Footswitchable* studio quality Digital Reverb with rear panel Level control.
    4. Footswitchable* Series FX Loop
    5. Half power switch which takes the output power from 100W to 50W when engaged.
    6. Built-in, infinitely variable Attenuator control which can take the output stage from 100% to 0.01% and anywhere in-between, while retaining the all-important tone and feel of the all-valve power section. This means the output power can be reduced to a staggering low of 0.05 Watts when in 50W power mode.
    7. Valve Failure Circuitry: meaning that if one of the output valves develops a fault, a visual indicator on the rear of the amplifier shows which one is working incorrectly. This “roadie friendly feature” will save valuable time getting the amplifier back up and running again, should a valve failure occur.
    8. Self-biasing circuitry to ensure proper power valve operation each time valves are changed.

*NOTE: A four-way Footcontroller (PEDL-00046) comes supplied with the YJM100, facilitating switching of Booster, Gate, Reverb and FX Loop features. This Footcontroller has been designed using Marshall Amplification’s patented STOMPWARE® Technology, allowing the user to connect it to the amp using a standard 1/4” guitar cable.

FEATURES

• Output (RMS): 100/50 watt
    • 2 channels
    • 3 band EQ
    • Electronic power attenuation: 100% - 0.1%
    • Boost function
    • Noise gate
    • Reverb
    • Series effects loop
    • Auto bias feature
    • Pre-amp tubes: 4 x ECC83
    • Power amp tubes: 4 x EL34
    From the studio to the stadium, this exceptional amp has got the right sound, power, and features to rock your world and everybody else's!!!

SPECIFICATIONS

Yngwie Malmsteen Signature YJM100 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head

• Dimensions (mm): 745 x 290 x 280
    • Weight (kg): 24
    • Note: Shipping Weight is Approximately 55lbs

9. NewReligion

NewReligion Member

Hi John...we have been through a lot of the same tone chasing since 2009 starting with the Splawn QR's I believe. You know that YJM is my favorite guitarist of all time and the YJM 100 is indeed a killer amp but... Yngwie nailed all of the great tones using big box 1987 model Marshall's and a clipping diode DOD pedal as did many guitarist from that point forward. However all of my Marshall's sound thin when pushed with OD pedals to get acceptable levels of saturation IMO.

I was not a fan of the QR's designed mid's compensation. I just picked up a new (dated Dec 2014) BE 100. I love it with all of the options OFF (SAT = Diode, FAT and C45). I run it on HBE and really dig it. Between it , my all tube Cameron and my home brew I will never go back to slamming the front of an amp with a OD pedal. Dumping the G12T-75's several years ago helped a lot too.

Good luck...either way you can't go wrong as the YJM 100 is a great amp. Marshall got that one right.

NR ♫

10. John 14:6

The YJM100 in the right hands can get stuff like this clip here. This is one of the clips that caused me to buy the amp in the first place. This guy here is an incredible player and you are a great player as well David. I have a modded to gray 250 specs DOD YJM308 overdrive and a Maxon OD808 overdrive that both play very well with the YJM100. I like the stock booster also. This Morgan Pettersson clip was actually recorded at very low volume per his comments on Youtube. I normally use the same settings which are Presence 6, Bass 10, Mid & Treble 5. Channel volumes are cranked and jumped.

It can do other Metal Face/Plexi sounding stuff too. It would be a perfect fit for me if I was playing in a rock or old school metal band where I could turn it up louder and really let it shine. I play louder at home some weekends than I get to at church with the band. The YJM100 sounds great at lower volume settings, but like any nice tube amp it sounds jaw droppingly good when really moving some air.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  11. John 14:6

Here is another cool YJM100 clip.