Marshall

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 78tsubaki, Dec 26, 2009.

1. 78tsubaki

78tsubaki Member

I lost a good friend earlier this week. Chris help me learn to play many years ago. He will be missed.
    Chris' brother is an excellent guitarist and he will take great care of his Martin D35 and mid 70s LP Custom. Chris also had a 50w Marshall half stack from the late 70s to early 80s. I may be asked to have a look at it in a couple of weeks and give my opinion of value.
    My question is, do blonde rigs have a higher value? I suspect it will be all about model number, speakers in the cab, and over all condition. I just wasnt sure if the blonde head and cab might bring a premium.

2. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

By blond I think you mean fawn in Marshall terminology then no to only very slightly. They made more fawns then any other color and it is not much sought after. Many people know that when it comes down to it black is the easiest color to sell but still red or purple will bring a premium. I have seen many a fawn sell for no more than black. But you're correct condition and originality is the most important aspect of Marshall value. Now if it isn't fawn but white or cream color that rates up there with the colors for those years.

3. 78tsubaki

78tsubaki Member

Thanks for the reply. It has been 25 years since I saw the rig so I am not sure what color it is.