Martina McBride...What Happened to Her?

griggsterr

But I still see her on the TV screen as the cameras always seem to find her sitting in the audience at the awards shows. Nobody can really do what she did. If I could pick one to get lost with on an island it would be her.

Almost all celebs will go to awards shows. for the camaraderie and the being seen aspect of show business. She still does shows. Just not a lot.

griggsterr

She used to play bars in Wichita KS w a band named Lotus. I know a guy who knows her and her family who own an opry style theater somewhere in the middle of KS.

Very talented singer! There were a handful of country peeps I got into during the 90’s (I couldn’t handle grunge...) and she was one of them. Bought several of her cd’s back then and they were quite good. I just saw her on a tv talk show today and they mentioned she has a show on FoodTV. I think it was called Martina’s Kitchen.

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
Good ol' Johnny Cash song. Sounds like Dolly singing on that with her. Dolly had a really nice version of that one on her album The Grass Is Blue.

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
One of the few that could hang with Pat Benatar, what a voice she had.:eek:

Reactions: DC1

Chicago Slim

This month, she just did a concert in my town. It's kind of the senior tour.

I once played in a duo, with a girl who really liked doing Martina McBride songs. It was very challenging (Bret Mason on guitar). Looking back, it was some of the most fun and best songs I ever played.

Trending Topics