Mary Ford's Les Paul

keefsdad

It is very, very hard to find another guitar that is as beautiful as a mint white SG Custom. One of Gibson's finest creations.
Maybe, but i had one, and it was a total dog. the neck was like a banana, it went out of tune all the time. And the 3 pup thing to me was useless. On a Strat, yes, 3 humbuckers the way they wire them, you're better off with 2, for my ears.

neoprimitive

Pawn Stars is 100% setup., it's a TV show. The guys on the show don't even really work there, they do own the place, but what you see on the show is not in any way real life at the shop. The people who bring in the high dollar stuff have already been in contact with history channel. The buying and selling is a complete scripted put on. I have friends in Vegas, and those guys are never in the shop on a regular day, what you see is filmed at certain times. And the so called experts they bring into evaluate stuff don't in live in Vegas, but in the show the make it seem like all the experts are right across town and just a phone call away.. reality TV is anything but real.. I use to work for a company the filmed the late night infomercials of get rich quick real estate gurus.. and let me say, that was the sleaziest most corrupt thing I've ever seen.. shoes like pawn stars and storage wars are 100% complete entertainment and nothing more.. nothing is as it appears on any of these shows and if you believe otherwise you are being fooled into it. Nothing happens on TV without planning and pre planning.. there is nonsuch thing as reality TV.. duck dynasty is a prime example..

27sauce

Pawn Stars is 100% setup., it's a TV show. The guys on the show don't even really work there, they do own the place, but what you see on the show is not in any way real life at the shop. The people who bring in the high dollar stuff have already been in contact with history channel. The buying and selling is a complete scripted put on. I have friends in Vegas, and those guys are never in the shop on a regular day, what you see is filmed at certain times. And the so called experts they bring into evaluate stuff don't in live in Vegas, but in the show the make it seem like all the experts are right across town and just a phone call away.. reality TV is anything but real.. I use to work for a company the filmed the late night infomercials of get rich quick real estate gurus.. and let me say, that was the sleaziest most corrupt thing I've ever seen.. shoes like pawn stars and storage wars are 100% complete entertainment and nothing more.. nothing is as it appears on any of these shows and if you believe otherwise you are being fooled into it. Nothing happens on TV without planning and pre planning.. there is nonsuch thing as reality TV.. duck dynasty is a prime example..
No! Say it isn't so! I don't believe you!

RCCola

(|@ / \ @ |.)
Gold Supporting Member

I have been there a couple times. It's funny as the store is quite small and more than 1/2 of it is stocked with souvenirs of the guys....they just film away from it and toward the front door so you can't se this.....and I have never seen any of the guys working there....I am sure they stay in the back when they are there for the most part

Fuchsaudio

Maybe, but i had one, and it was a total dog. the neck was like a banana, it went out of tune all the time. And the 3 pup thing to me was useless. On a Strat, yes, 3 humbuckers the way they wire them, you're better off with 2, for my ears.
You must have owned mine...lol... I brought mine (just like Mary's but with the up down trem, not side to side) to Les to have it signed. He spent ten minutes berating it, and pulled back on the neck saying "they aren't rigid". I shuddered as I heard the neck creak...."you could kill someone with these cutaways"...lol. Various stories about him being involved with it, and not. Yeah, SG's are neck heavy, not rigid, and very few are keepers....pretty looking imho, especially when Mary was holding it.

Jack Keck

There is so little to believe in anymore. Someone tried to tell me that professional wrestling is not a real sport. When will it end??

jimmycupo

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFO! Mary's nephew has NEVER worked in Cowtown! The guy lives in California, Our shop is in Las Vegas! WE (Cowtown) never owned the Mary Ford guitar. EVER!! It was on the cover of Vintage Guitar magazine awhile back. It has a new owner. The guy bought it from the Pawn Stats guys. Is that a set up? NO! This is by far the best "story" i have read about this by far! hahahahahahahaha! Mary's nephew sold the guitar to pay a bunch of Taxes on his mothers house (the one he grew up in) after she passed. Again NEVER worked in my shop that is completely false!
Crackhead shop couldn’t afford it & prob couldn’t swindle the nephew!!

Last edited: