• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Masa 12" Shadow speakers?

cowboytim

What do you all think of Masa's 12" Shadow speakers by Celestian? How much should a used one go for in good shape?

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I really like the mc90s, they are a good neutral speaker with enough character that they are not bland. I would say around $80 should be a fair price for one.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
You need to be more specific. And I'll assume you mean Mesa and Celestion.

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
I really like the mc90s, they are a good neutral speaker with enough character that they are not bland. I would say around $80 should be a fair price for one.
I sold a pair this year. $80 is spot-on. I had them listed at $85 each. They sold in maybe a month for $80. They were pulled from a LS cab which looked new.

What do you all think of Masa's 12" Shadow speakers by Celestian? How much should a used one go for in good shape?
I generally use AlNiCo speakers for guitar. The MC90s reminded me of 80s rock. Not a bad speaker; it just wasn't the tone I was chasing :)

The older Black Shadow was the EVM12L, which I have and use quite a bit.

tmac

Goldmember
Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah, if you're "unlucky" you could end up with an EV12L :D
or you could end up with an old flat sounding eminence. Had those before, they're not good in my book. I do luv the EV's though. Just heavy as hell.:) If it says MC-90 on the back in the link I provided above u should be good, or if it say electro-voice u should be good too.

Last edited:

swiveltung

A very clean but not bright/spikey speaker. Very similar to a Jensen C12K to my ears. ..and not unlike a Celestion 70/80 either. I had both at the same time.

cowboytim

Thanks for the info. I saw them at a music store...I think they were asking over 100.00 so I'll have to see which speakers they are.
I bet they'll deal a bit with me....and return if there junk...I'll take pics when I go back.

I believe there are some Eminence made drivers w. Black Shadow on their backs. But as long as you can distinguish between the Celestion, EV and Eminence you shouldn't be in for a nasty surprise. ;)

cowboytim

Called back to music store, they're a dealer for Masa.
These speakers are brand new, MC90 marked on them.
129.00 apiece.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom