Mashall Class 5

Tompski

Gold Supporting Member
Anyone on here bought or played on one of these cool looking minature Bluesbreakers?
I like to know people's thoughts please...

They actually sound great cranked. I think it would sound even better with 12 inch speaker or 2x12. Can't with for the head version.

jhfire

Gold Supporting Member
Great little loud amp. You won't be disappointed, I have two of them and can't wait for the head version due in September.

Tompski

Gold Supporting Member
aside from cranking it can you get any nice cleans out of at low level?

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Who buys a Marshall for cleans, I mean seriously? :sarcasm

From what I understand if you roll your guitar volume back on the Class5 you can get some nice cleans.

Mr Deluxe

Marshall Class 5 is a sick little amp. I loved it stock, but had to try new tubes so I threw in some jjs, and a jj el844. The el844 is unbelievable, I feel like the amp is playing for like a 3.5watter but the sound is incredible and the break up sounds great. Still got the stock speaker but I'm looking at a nice 12" i got laying around and I'm thinking about making it fit :D

rotren

Sounds good cranked, but I didn't quite bond with it. I traded it for a Jet City 20.

Here's a demo I did.

Davo17

The Class 5 is the real deal. Good cleans-not fender (of course), excellent drive, and even better responsiveness.

Its a mini-plexi. And even at the attenuated .25 watt setting you will enjoy it.

And my pedals like it too.

lang.murphy

I say yes... without having to roll the git vol pot back. In fact, the C5 at low levels reminded me of my '65 Vox Cambridge Reverb. Kissin' cousins, in fact. They stayed neck and neck, gain wise, until the C5 hit 11, 12 o'clock on the volume pot... then the C5 def had more gain. But at low volume? Wonderful, glassy cleans, imho.

Tompski

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for the feedback guys, I will pick one of these up at some point, I guess when I asked about cleans I am looking for that pokey kin of old Marshall clean with sag like on some Hendrix tunes like Long Hot Summer Night, yes I know he used fender for cleans but not always and those old Marshalls had a whole clean and sparkle of their own which is just lovely with a Strat.

Davo17

I say yes... without having to roll the git vol pot back. In fact, the C5 at low levels reminded me of my '65 Vox Cambridge Reverb. Kissin' cousins, in fact. They stayed neck and neck, gain wise, until the C5 hit 11, 12 o'clock on the volume pot... then the C5 def had more gain. But at low volume? Wonderful, glassy cleans, imho.
That really surprised me, the cleans are pretty good. I wouldnt have guessed that from a 5 watt, class A Marshall.

Trending Topics