Massive Rig Overhaul HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Trey McLean, May 23, 2015.

1. Trey McLean

Trey McLean Member

Ok, to start this out, I'm brand new to the site, so let me explain my entire situation. I have been playing guitar for 10 years and know most of the ins and outs of gear, I'm just looking for some opinions, referrals, and general community putting our heads together to help me get where I want to be.

Alright, so now that that's done, I am about to start from the ground up with my guitar rig, however, I will not be replacing my guitar, so, I have a:

ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe with EMG humbucking pickups.

Where I need help: I play a lot of extremely heavy music and I want something that is going to get me there, but still offer mild versatility on the low gain end, as sometimes I'm feeling soft, and I play in a church band.

Right now I have a Randall RG50TC, and while the high gain is great, it's severely lacking in the clean section and is a little outdated and noisy.

So I'm looking for something fairly heavy, and modern heavy, I've been looking at a Blackstar HT Club 40/Stage 60. I would really like to have separate EQ's for clean and distorted channels.

I am running a Line 6 M13 in front of the overdrive channel with a Tube Screamer setting, and I really like the tone it's getting me and would like to keep that in whatever amp I move to. I'm looking for a combo between 40-60 watts, again, with separate EQ's and a solid clean channel. My ideal budget is 1K or less.

Also, after the amp, I really want to start diving into actual pedals and have no idea where to start in that regard. Thank you guys in advance for reading my wall of text, please don't rip me a new one if this is in the wrong place!

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  2. haymez

haymez Member

Used Mesa Boogie Mark IV or Mark V:25

Add compressor pedal and delay pedal and you've got a great start.