Master Blaster by Zinky, is there something that compares to this killin boost?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by amoodymule, Mar 14, 2015.

1. amoodymule

amoodymule Member

I have been on the hunt for a Zinky Master Blaster for a while now and not having any luck, so...

Is there another pedal out there that comes close to what the Zinky does or sounds close to?

I am running the Mesa RectoVerb 25 with a ZMB for solos and Barber DD for some hair, I have a Timmy and it would do what I need, but the on/off switch needs to be replaced, so the search continues...

I own a Catalinbread Serrano Picoso - bad switch and a bit different than the Zinky

Had the Fulltone Fat Boost v1 - eh :huh

I love setting the ZMB for rhythm, and it IS killer for solos, I gots to keep lookin for one :D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  2. Serenity

Serenity Member

I regret selling mine. Fantastic boost that adds a magical sparkle. I really need to pick up another one. If it's good enough for Keith Richards it's good enough for me.

3. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

Any similarity to the True Grit?

4. amoodymule

amoodymule Member

It seemed the boost side was close, the grit I didn't bond with when I had it years ago, I could kick myself for letting it go, it could be used with this current rig.

I may have a line on a Master Blaster thru Reverb.com :D

Thanks for the replies :beer

...still the question, ...is there anything out there that comes close? :dunno