Master volume pot in a 335 stlye guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Page, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Page

Page Member

Has anybody installed a master volume control in a 335 stlye guitar? My recently acquired Yamaha SA 2200 has linear taper pots which are driving nuts so instead of changing them I thought about installing an overall volume pot which would be an ideal solution. The both pickups on position yields some great tones on this guitar but they're largely wasted at the moment. I ride the volume pot constantly so it would make sense to have one on the pickguard and use a small black archtop style knob so it wouldn't look too out of place. If you've done this and can post photographs it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

You might want to check out TV Jones' website.

He sells wiring harnesses (and has diagrams) for Gretsches, many of which use a master volume.

3. HammyD

HammyD Member

4. Joisey

Joisey Member

SOP for a Rickenbacker. Scaring up a schematic should not be hard.

5. mkolesa@mac.com

mkolesa@mac.com Member

i know it's not what you're asking, but i have to believe you'd be happier in the long run if you just switch the existing vol pots for audio taper ones... i'm sure you're going to end up with much more tonal versatility since you'll be able to dial in the two pups much more accurately in the middle position. just my 2ยข