• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Mastery Bridge and broken strings

I built a Jazzmaster for a fellow, with a Mastery Bridge and Vibrato, and he's breaking a lot of E-strings (.011). Has anyone had this problem or heard of it with the Mastery Bridge?

mango

Don't have any experience with Mastery but if the string is breaking in the same location all the time there is probably a burr or rough edge.

drewdraw

Gold Supporting Member
I had this problem on my JM with a Mastery. My tech gave me a very simple solution:

Cut the ball end off of a used string and string it thru to the end (ball) of a new E string. String it up so that it is what rests/makes contact with the back of where you load the string thru. It kind of cradles the ball end of the new string. This has completely solved my breakage problem.

And dont forget to use a piece of string to "floss" your nut and bridge every time you change strings-- keeps the strings moving freely across the contact points. A little "Nut Sauce" lubrication helps also ;)

Eagle1

I had this problem on my JM with a Mastery. My tech gave me a very simple solution:

Cut the ball end off of a used string and string it thru to the end (ball) of a new E string. String it up so that it is what rests/makes contact with the back of where you load the string thru. It kind of cradles the ball end of the new string. This has completely solved my breakage problem.

And dont forget to use a piece of string to "floss" your nut and bridge every time you change strings-- keeps the strings moving freely across the contact points. A little "Nut Sauce" lubrication helps also ;)
This has nothing to do with the Mastery ,it is the trem plate.:bonk

Trending Topics