Matamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by orangekick, Dec 20, 2009.

1. orangekick

orangekick Member

I have been looking at some Matamp models and I went to get a price on one and Motor City Matamp appears to be defunct. Their website is no longer functional and the emails bounce back. I tried emailing Matamp, but I haven't heard back in a week. Anyone have any idea on how to get a hold on someone at Matamp? Their website says that you have to go through a dealer...

2. Lost_Cause

Lost_Cause Member

When I e-mailed Matamp earlier this year I got feedback from them directly. Not always right away though. I would ask them about a dealer or dealers. Also I would comb the usual used channels if you know what you are looking for.

3. orangekick

orangekick Member

Alright. I'll just wait a bit and then call them directly if I don't get a response via email. I've already combed the used market and I haven't seen what I'm interested in.

4. soulohio

soulohio Member

I called them directly. It helps if you know what sound you are going after and what their models are... that said they'll build you anything you want, or so I have heard.

5. orangekick

orangekick Member

Awesome. I'll give 'em a call this week. :cool:

6. trinitysun

trinitysun Member

The UK shop is notorious for not returning emails. I have heard they are very helpful over the phone though if you can afford the call.

7. t-rey

t-rey Member

Search for Matamp Canada - they are a new dealer for the US and Canada for Matamp. I had terrible Matamp gas for awhile, and when I asked around I was mostly told to call the factory directly and tell them exactly what you want and get a quote. From what I understand even after shipping or any customs fees it will most likely be cheaper than what some people try to sell them used over here. Just my .02 - hope you find what you are looking for.

8. cugel

cugel Member

9. orangekick

orangekick Member

Cool. I have an email out to them. I hope to at least get someone to quote me on what I'm interested in so that I can go from there. :aok