Matchless Independence 35 | VIDEO

zwish

Silver Supporting Member
Back at it with a bit of a unique sleeper amp. It's got loads of character and I love the way it sits in a mix. Doesn't do super high gain metal, but what it does, it does real well. All tones are straight into the amp except for a little bit of a delay here and there. Check it out! ⚡

pjrhd28

Platinum Supporting Member
Loved it all, but especially the strat tones in the first 1:20 or so. That's about much gain as I ever use, and I hear the Matchless high end zing in the notes.

Same at the 5:36 mark- the shattered glass tone.

Homemade Strat?

pjrhd28

How does the amp feel compared to the Marshall? I like the feel of my Matchless amps- steely, quick attack, little to no compression. Is that different than the Marshall?

Thanks for posting

zwish

Silver Supporting Member
Loved it all, but especially the strat tones in the first 1:20 or so. That's about much gain as I ever use, and I hear the Matchless high end zing in the notes.

Same at the 5:36 mark- the shattered glass tone.

Homemade Strat?
First guitar I ever got actually! Super cheap Squier Affinity Strat from the mid 90s for $149. Has some Mexican standard pickups (I think?) and a Seymour Duncan 59 in the bridge. I did a few dumb things to it when I was a kid: tried to set the headstock on fire which didn't really work out, really sloppily routed it out to fit a humbucker in the bridge and accidentally drilled through to the other side, so it's not worth anything, but it plays pretty good and I think sounds decent enough. Thanks for checking out the video!

zwish

Silver Supporting Member
How does the amp feel compared to the Marshall? I like the feel of my Matchless amps- steely, quick attack, little to no compression. Is that different than the Marshall?

Thanks for posting
I'd describe the feel as pretty similar to the Marshall actually. They're both really big and bold amps. Like you said, little to no compression. I have a Friedman amp as well which has a lot of compression to it and is very easy to play. The Matchless and Marshall demand a good bit out of the player, but I think it pays off. Thanks for watching!

river_jetties

great demo - loved the Pumpkins song. How loud are you playing at? My understanding is that a lot of the good tones out of this amp are loud, very loud.

zwish

Silver Supporting Member
great demo - loved the Pumpkins song. How loud are you playing at? My understanding is that a lot of the good tones out of this amp are loud, very loud.
Thanks! It's pretty loud in the room. Just about band practice volumes. The master volume works pretty well on this amp. Not the best in the biz like a Friedman or something like that, but it does have a little bit of that fizzy high end until you get the volume up a little bit. Some amps are terrible until they get loud, this is not one of them, but it gets better as you turn it up. Thanks for checking it out!

Really enjoyed watching this. Gotta say your amp demos are among the best out there.
Superb playing too.

The Matchless sounds killer.
Bet it would blend well with something darker, fat and more compressed.

StummerJoe

Back at it with a bit of a unique sleeper amp. It's got loads of character and I love the way it sits in a mix. Doesn't do super high gain metal, but what it does, it does real well. All tones are straight into the amp except for a little bit of a delay here and there. Check it out! ⚡

Well thanks for putting that on my radar! Nice playing!

zwish

Silver Supporting Member
Really enjoyed watching this. Gotta say your amp demos are among the best out there.
Superb playing too.

The Matchless sounds killer.
Bet it would blend well with something darker, fat and more compressed.
Dang. Thanks a bunch :)

Trending Topics