Matchless King Cobra Clips!

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by shallbe, Jul 1, 2008.

1. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

Here are the clips for the Matchless King Cobra. Since there are only eight of these amps in existence, I thought it would be cool to show the great qualities of this unique amp---even among the Matchless product line. There are six clips total---each with a picture beside it of the guitar or amp. I used a Les Paul, plus Suhr S and T types.

These were recorded at my house, by Tommy "Flash" Jordan (great, great guitarist and studio whiz at Oak Hill Recording) with a Mac, Pro Tools, a tube mic preamp, and a couple of mics. I did the playing, trying to showcase what I love about the amp. It has this amazing richness and clean sustain I have never experienced with anohter amp, which I tried to show that chordal stuff.

There are no effects used, none were added, no compression, and zero EQ'ing was done. All we did was edit clip length. Only the dirty clips have me rolling up the guitar volume on the Strat and Les Paul during the take, to show clean to mean. The rest were done with playing dynamics.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

TURN THEM UP to listen to them. We tried to display the superb dynamics and harmonic richness of the amp. It can do clean and dirty at the same time if you control your pick attack per string. You will also get an idea of how nice the reverb is if you listen to the clips loudly.

Let me know what you think! Ask questions if you have them.

2. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

Luv the King Cobra!

But Steve the 80's clips are so much fun.

Gregory

3. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

Gregory,

Thanks for listening!

I forgot about that 80's stuff on there. Wamoth guitars and a Rockman with a few effects pedals.

4. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

Tried out the King Kobra at Winter Namm. Thought it sounded incredible. Tremolo is amazing. Have been waiting for my local dealer in MN to get one. He said he thinks about 3 weeks, but who knows. It didn't even show up on their website until recently.

5. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

That sounds really fine. Very versatile.