• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Matchless lightning VS DC30 ?????

69strat

I'm taking possession of a Matchless DC 30 clone.... I haven't gotten it yet... I am also looking to have a lightning built... . Are they going to be redundant tone wise ????
Has anyone had both and compared the two ?

davebc

I owned both, a D30 and a Lightning 2-10.
Same pedigry, two different animals. Even with the DC30 on the 15 watt setting
they feel and sound different. Both amazing, great amps!

69strat

Great !!! Because I want both.. LOL !!! Hey, I was going to do the lightning in a 112 cofig... Do you think maybe that amp was made to be a 210 and I shouldn't change that ? As far as engineering goes...

davebc

Great !!! Because I want both.. LOL !!! Hey, I was going to do the lightning in a 112 cofig... Do you think maybe that amp was made to be a 210 and I shouldn't change that ? As far as engineering goes...
I'd play them both. The 2-10 Lightning really is an amazing sounding amp.
I never used it with pedals, the straight natural tone was impossible to beat. I loved mine with my Les Pauls and Equire. It didn't hurt that I had the thing completely loaded with nos Mullards, yes, every tube.
Can u say insane harmonic content? and worth every penny of it.

Trending Topics