Matchless' website...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by trazan, Jan 22, 2008.

1. trazan

trazan Member

Well, Bad Cat's website got updated after a thread in here, maybe this'll make Matchless redesign theirs?

New amps aren't even mentioned on the site. Hardly any clips or pictures or info at all. C'mon Matchless! And don't use "Voltage Factory" to make the new site, they seem like complete amateurs.

:RoCkIn

2. dorianadams

dorianadams Member

Yes according to the Matchless site the King Cobra does not exist yet.What is the big deal? It would take me about 30 minutes to update the site for them on the Cobra including taking the pics , writing the copy and then FTP ing it. I created my own site and do it all the time.No flash no crash...
    www.blues2001.com/magazine.htm
    www.blues2001.com
    www.blues2001.com/jukebox.htm
    It's no big deal but it all works and is not slow.....
    Fuchs could use some work as well.Completely blows. I mean amps are technical products and so are websites. An unprofessional ( read that does not work right or has insufficient content) does not reflect well on the product being marketed. I would think that would be obvious but apparently it is not. I mean it is simple to have a home page where you picture each of your amps. Then you define each amp as an image map. Then you make the image map link to a page of info and the amp with more pics. etc. Click on an amp and there you go. No flash needed it is old tech. Here you go. http://www.blues2001.com/rolaids.htm#imagemap and
    http://www.blues2001.com/ball.htm With any HTML generating web page creating software ( Dreamweaver etc. ) it is about as hard as learning "Louie Louie" I did it( these image maps are 8 years old) and I ain't Werner Von broun.

3. studiodunn

studiodunn Member

I'm in. Yeah, that matchless site sucks!

4. Frenster

Frenster Put your Rock Face on!

Matchless site is currently in the works...tried to get it up by NAMM, but it just wasn't ready.

I've heard it on good account.

5. trazan

trazan Member

About time! Not quite finished but it seems much better than the old one at least. :banana

6. Wally Gator

Wally Gator Member

It appears their going for the "vintage" web site experience. Soon we'll be able to listen to Pong.

7. Mayflower

Mayflower Supporting Member

8. radcliff

radcliff Member

wow it feels like 1996 again.... maybe it looks better on Netscape?

9. Peppy

Peppy Member

Updated but yet no sound files.

10. steve10358

steve10358 Supporting Member

I like it.. it's clean has good pictures and great descriptions. Plus their myspace has some killer clips of people you wouldnt normally google to hear matchless tones.

11. Frenster

Thanks steve. radcliff, Wally, go step on a bee. I got an amp out of it.

12. Lamont

Lamont Member

Long overdue, but the new Matchless website is great..The cobra and king cobra are amazing amps.Also the 30 watt 30/15 (Spitfire) is ready and i cant wait to get one of those.

13. hogy

hogy Member

That's comedy gold right there:

"Class A Design

Class A refers to a particular style of circuitry used in vacuum tube audio devices to extract maximum output from the power tubes. A constant high voltage signal is sent through the power stage without the forced negative feedback (or "cool down cycle") inherent in the Class A/B design. Matchless amplifiers rely on superior design, construction and components to manage the power of true Class A operation."

:bow:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

14. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

I dig the new site! Matchless amps are the best in the biz - so gripe all you want about websites - I just got out of the studio & my Clubman sounds unbelievable - it's all over my band's next record! That's the bottom line: the SOUND! Screw website clips - plug in & play one.

15. Mayflower

Mayflower Supporting Member

Was it this one?
    [​IMG]

16. Frenster

Wow, that KINDA looks like a Matchless chassis.

Naw...mine is more like this one, in a 2x12...with reverb.

17. trazan

trazan Member

Ah, you made it? You should check it out in Firefox, the menu doesn't quite line up*. I'd also strooongly suggest using something other than Times New Roman as main font...makes the site look somewhat unfinished, as if it lacks formatting.

And get some audio files up there! :BluesBros

How's that 30/15 btw? Is it a C30'ish thing?

*) Try this in the beginning of the CSS file:
    Code:
    html, body, ul, ol, li, p, h1, h2, form, fieldset {
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        border: 0;
    }

18. Wally Gator

Wally Gator Member

So you're responsible for that yellowjacket that was in my motorcycle boot! Crafty!!

19. iggs

iggs Member

I know ... WTF?!?! ... do they really need to sell their amps with such BS?

I would think that at their level, they'd have a bit more respect for themselves and their customers and not have to resort to such marketing nonsense to make their amps a higher "class" (pun intended).

20. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Don't you think we should create a thread with all the so called class A amps that are not. Here's the ones I know of, hopefully I'm 100% correct.

Matchless, Dr.Z, Crate Vintage stuff, Peavey Classics, Vox, Mesa Maverick and Blue Angel...any others?

If they were to claim something like, "We run the tubes at or above the maximum plate dissapation fo rsuperior tone." I'd be all over that.

BTW, I do own a Clubman and love it but I have replaced the bias resistors with a higher value to keep the amp running a bit cooler...no sense ruining tubes prematurely.