• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

MATRIX VB800 ? Anybody have one ? Your thoughts ?

SteelerFan88

I have ALWAYS been a SS skeptic until I paired my 11R with a matrix FX800 rack amp....WOW ! After tweaking it for a few months it has proven to be sooooo versatile and the tone(s) I have dialed in are so close and realistic to my beloved tube amps that I play through it more than any other rig I have. I am curious about the little "toaster" sized amp they make....the VB800. I was wondering how good it sounds ? Punchy?.....clear?......authentic sounding ? What say you all ?

benifin

Silver Supporting Member
Up until a few weeks ago I ran my KPA I into my VB880 EFX RTN using it as totally linear and flat power amp into a variety of FRFR speakers and Real Cab.

It was/is utterly awesome - you will not regret it in any way - I only sold it as I bought a friends Active CLR Wedge so didn't need it.

From memory, it does something like 150w @ 16 ohm, 300w @ 8ohm and 400w @ 4ohm - I used to run mine at low levels [small shows] to deafeningly loud [rock shows] and it was totally transparent and linear at all levels.

As long as you

- don't need or want stereo
- don't need or want a rack unit
- don't need or want an "internal" [ ie: Camplifier / Ambrosi style ] amp

....... buy it !!! :) :) :)

There is nothing that touchs it for what it does !!!

........ don't know why, but I still really miss not having my VB880 :)

All the best,
Ben

OotMagroot

It would be ultra cool if you could use it with your 11R and also use pedals in front of it - and maybe a delay in the loop.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
I was asking in terms of using it as a stand alone amp...NOT with the 11R. Does it sound like a JCM 800 ?
From the videos I've seen, I think it sounds better than some JCM800's I've owned… check em out...

Trending Topics