Matt Schofield Playing A "Longhorn El Vaquero" Live!!!

BBSuggs

Good stuff! Great looking amp to boot (no pun intended).

I'd be curious as to what Schofield used between the guitar and amp - if anything.

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Good stuff! Great looking amp to boot (no pun intended).

I'd be curious as to what Schofield used between the guitar and amp - if anything.
Something ..or channel switching. See him hit the FS bout 3:30 of the second vid and the mid honk and drive goes up.
There may other spots, too. I didn't micro the whole vid.

mmarchi21

Platinum Supporting Member
Just an FYI that I saw him on Friday night and he was using his Two Rock Signature amp with Ragin Cajun speakers then but the guy could sound awesome with a $100 guitar and amp. He did say that he likes EVM12L's but they are tough to travel with because of the weight. Real down to earth guy and it was great seeing him in a small venue where he was 20 feet away on stage.

Stu Blue

Sorry, but that's the poorest tone I've heard from Matt in a long while (huge fan here) ... maybe those Two Rocks are more than a way of extracting large amounts of money from the upper middle classes after all.....

The music was good fun though.....

lestera34

Silver Supporting Member
He played his Two Rock in DC and Richmond this past week. Would like to have heard the Longhorn. It didn't sound good in that clip, I agree. Maybe in person it would have been better, but he didn't have that thick tone I think of when I think of his sound with the Longhorn.

trailrun100s

Sorry, but that's the poorest tone I've heard from Matt in a long while (huge fan here) ... maybe those Two Rocks are more than a way of extracting large amounts of money from the upper middle classes after all.....

Gotta agree with ya there...I've seen him live with his Two-Rocks...much better....

Other nit pick us the other guitar player, great player, but turn down the reverb, lol

texstrat

Silver Supporting Member

No need to be sorry. But, that vid was recorded with an iPhone, not in the Two Rock studio.

Stu Blue

Poor recording ? Yes probably. Anyway Matt sounds pretty good on Marshalls too... this a bit more like the Vaquero tone

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
Gotta agree with ya there...I've seen him live with his Two-Rocks...much better....

Other nit pick us the other guitar player, great player, but turn down the reverb, lol
Now that you mention it, on a second listen, that is a crazy amount of reverb Josh Smith has dialed in...

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
At least on video, I like Schofield's TR tone 1000x more than the tone he gets using the Longhorn amps. My humble opinion, of course. YMMV.

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
No need to be sorry. But, that vid was recorded with an iPhone, not in the Two Rock studio.
That probably it. It probably was different in the room. Heck, there is a YT video from when he briefly played a Dr Z. EZG-50 and I thought it sounded great!

fenderball

Silver Supporting Member

+1....
i'm not a huge Matt follower, as i only recently started listening to him, but i saw him about 10 days ago in south florida and he was playing thru a Twin, and the strat tones he was getting there sounded much better to me than this vid...at least to me...really liked his playing a lot, too

Madison

He played his Two Rock in DC and Richmond this past week. Would like to have heard the Longhorn. It didn't sound good in that clip, I agree. Maybe in person it would have been better, but he didn't have that thick tone I think of when I think of his sound with the Longhorn.
What venue did he play in Richmond?

ufguy73

Silver Supporting Member

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
Since we are talking about Matt Schofield here is a picture that I took of his TR amp settings. I did not see his pedal board.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag151/mjm1234/IMG_2588_zps815a8780.jpg

Here's a quick music clip from the show (30 seconds) if you'd like to hear how he sounded with my iPhone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeD9I-WF8E0&feature=youtu.be
Ah...much better, there's that singing upper mid-range chirp back. That other Lonehorn sounded like a boxy Blues Jr. all stuffy in the mids

Trending Topics