• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Matthews Effects The Surgeon Anatomical Delay

saltbird

Has anyone else seen this? Got to be one of the best tape delays I've ever heard and the oxygen mode sounds like it could be really usable with some experimental sounds.

All the delay pedals I want don't have tap tempo functionality and it drives me nuts. I think I really need to just get over that and buy the one that sounds the best.

Robleishman

Has anyone else seen this? Got to be one of the best tape delays I've ever heard and the oxygen mode sounds like it could be really usable with some experimental sounds.

All the delay pedals I want don't have tap tempo functionality and it drives me nuts. I think I really need to just get over that and buy the one that sounds the best.

It's a very cool pedal, I would be interested if it at least had a tap tempo in jack.

saltbird

Exactly. That's the only thing holding me back. I do especially like how they demoed it on one melody. Not random blues wanking so you're left still wondering about it's capabilities.

It is a pretty unique guitar tone in general though. I'm curious what kind of set up is being used.

It's a very cool pedal, I would be interested if it at least had a tap tempo in jack.

Robleishman

Exactly. That's the only thing holding me back. I do especially like how they demoed it on one melody. Not random blues wanking so you're left still wondering about it's capabilities.

It is a pretty unique guitar tone in general though. I'm curious what kind of set up is being used.
Yeah the knobs demo style is starting to take over.

raj007

Silver Supporting Member
I just ordered one. Top jacks and multiple modes...not the easiest to find that. Plus I enjoyed the sounds from their video and price also solid.

EastHastings

Well I feel dumb, I assumed this was a modulation pedal based on the labels. Sounds really cool, but I agree about having a tap input. There are so many boutique delays on the market but very few have tap tempo.

Haunting Mids

The Vicodin mode sounds the most interesting.
Not sold on the Oxygen mode at all.
The delay sounds really discreet even with Dose cranked.
Demo needed...

Hack Prophet

vile mighty wretched
"Vicodin" "Morphine" "Oxygen" "Dose" "Mutation"

more and more bizarre creative liberties being taken with parameter nomenclature

Carltone

I just ordered one recently and it came today.... wow! I've never heard a delay sound so warm and also so cleanly defined at the same time.... its awesome! Very ambient and somehow puts out a studio quality vibe at the same time!

So far tonight, I've only played it on the "oxygen" setting and a smile has not left my face... the weirdness that can be obtained from cranking the "mutation" knob is very cool and inspired!

Great work Matthews Effects!!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom