Maury's Music and Martin?

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
if I purchase one from them... how much can I ask to get a discount? just want to go in knowing what I can do... the martin I want is listed at 2,499.00.. thanks

Outlaw

MSRP is around $3,150.00.

MAP is $2,499.00.

A 25% discount is fairly common off of MAP on most Martin’s.

So, 40% off of MSRP.

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
thanks.. everyone... I'd probably have Maury do the setup too... Martin's come with pretty high action usually

Outlaw

thanks.. everyone... I'd probably have Maury do the setup too... Martin's come with pretty high action usually
Actually, they are WAY better than they used to be right out of the box. The low oval Performing Artist taper is a dream. They are all plekked too.

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
Actually, they are WAY better than they used to be right out of the box. The low oval Performing Artist taper is a dream. They are all plekked too.
hmm.... I guess I will call and ask what the action is at first

tammuz7000

Just call him. He’s a great guy to buy from and will take care of you. He’s an excellent player and knows a lot about the Martin line and can give excellent advice. If he doesn’t have it in stock, he’s close to the factory and will go pick up one for you..

tom

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
Just call him. He’s a great guy to buy from and will take care of you. He’s an excellent player and knows a lot about the Martin line and can give excellent advice. If he doesn’t have it in stock, he’s close to the factory and will go pick up one for you..

tom
He used to post the price people actually paid in the ‘user comments’ section.

Plus one for calling him, and also for letting him set it up. Also drilling for a strap button on the heel. Great shop, personal service.

skydog

The whole pricing game is ridiculous. Psychological dribble. Everyone wants to “think” they got a great deal, iow, stole it, so the whole show has to play out.

tammuz7000

Well 2 places refused to match him, and came out several hundred over him. So I'd say he legit gives out steals
Well I would walk away from the others. Each dealer gets guitars the same way and can’t cherry pick them. Maury is close to the factory and can pick up one for you. Which model are you looking at?

There are some really nice ones that sound awesome and I recently played a d18 modern deluxe and a d28 modern deluxe which were both outstanding. Martin is making great guitar but lots of features to sort thru and you have to play them to decide which you like.

Probably the only way to beat him is to buy used which is always an option. I did see a great deal on a hd28v in the for sale section. Used usually go for 50% of the msrp. The only issues is if you pay tax or not and free shipping. I’m not sure these days how that is handled.

Tom

Last edited:

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
How about buying a used guitar and letting the original owner suffer the depreciation. Seems far better to me.
I generally buy used - but it was difficult to find what I wanted on the used market someplace that I could ‘try before I buy’.
Maury has a generous policy on that.

I’m not affiliated, I have no reason to try to convince anyone to do anything. Just sharing what worked for me and trying to help out.

I had a bunch of nice shops to be able to try things too. Mandolin Bros, Lark Street, Matt Umanov plus 4 GCs and 2 Sam Ash, a Long and McQuade, and some lesser known local shops in NJ.

Lark Street had a Martin M36 that would also have been an excellent choice. Mandolin bros had an
00-21 that was a stellar finger style guitar.

gibson3798

It's sad that Mandolin Bros. and Uminov's aren't around anymore. I played some of the best guitars I've ever played in those shops. Rudy's in SoHo might be a possibility.
Paying retail for a "warranty", hoping they accept a return on a guitar(s) that I find are mostly hit-and-miss, is just something I would never do again.
I wish you success for sure!

Trending Topics