MAVEN PEAL TUSKADARO 1>50? Had or heard one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Mark Williams, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Mark Williams

Mark Williams Gold Supporting Member

I have a Maven Peal Tuskadaro 1-50 head on the way to me (I happened to get it at a very, very good price. Lucky me?..or not?).
    I'm curious to know what those who've owned one or played through one think of this amp (or the Ganesha, which I understand is similar except is 100 watts).

2. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Had a Ganesha great amp. You're about to experience the state of the art in volume control and feel. Plus a darn nice 50 plexi.;)

3. Roodboy

Roodboy Supporting Member

Had one & sold it due to a cash crunch, biggest gear sale regret ever. 4 hole Marshall tone at non tinnitus inducing volume.

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

As long as you're not looking for a quiet amp, you'll be fine. The boss at Maven Peal and I got into it a few times over the utility of variable power in an amp where the quietest setting is till WAY too loud for the bedroom. OTOH, it allows you to crank the power section in almost any sized room without blowing people away. So, with the proviso that it's a performance amp not a bedroom amp, I think you'll love it!

5. mainsale

mainsale Member

Yeah, I have a "Tusk" and I love it. I love the way you can go from a Marshall crunch to a greasy, syrupy 50's Fender tone with the flick of a switch and the turn of a dial. The adjustable SAG and output wattage are also HUGE unique features. I also have an RG-88 as well. It's a big amp but I suspect that you are going to live it.

6. trisonic

trisonic Member

The Ganesha in my basement is as big as a studio apartment in Manhattan - luckily it has a huge tone to match, Dave Z's Masterpiece.
    NMV Marshall flavour; wonderful amp which is very controllable. Likes Greenbacks.

Best, Pete.