Maxon AD-999

Everytime I play through this thing I'm just more blown away by it and the vibe I get from it. Throw down a harmonic minor line and I'm instantly transported to this sparse, deserty atmosphere in mind. Hard to put in words what it has that my Timeline doesn't but it just gives off this huge, epic musical vibe. When I first played it, I didn't quite pick up on this but the more and more I've used it, it has just turned into one of those always on pedals. It actually gives me the vibe I always wanted from reverb but could never get.

Anyway, after just playing through now I couldn't help but post a thread about it.

leighianson

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah I love my ad999, this years plan is to get a ad900 and run them in stereo

Black_Label

I keep the ad-900 on my board for the even mn3005 repeats it gets. But the ad-999 has a great vibe. The first repeat hits really hard and then they just all mush together into an echoey reverb. Very similar pedals with very different sounds.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
My favorite. If it had a modulation knob - even a simple modulation switch like the Carbon Copy- it would be my holy grail.

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Silver Supporting Member
For leads, I always use my AD999.... it's the best slapback delay I've tried.

clamboy

I have owned a AD-900 for about 10 years and that is more I can say for any other pedal on my board. This delay goes beyond delay into the "tone enhancer" realm. I leave it on all the time as an extension of my amp's reverb, which is also on all the time. I put one of those rubber knob covers on the "level" knob so I can occasional goose it with my foot. A hell of a lot less sophisticated approach than a timeline or a H9 but the sound is just sublime. God bless the AD-900 and the AD-999:aok

Frome

It will occupy a space on my board permanently. I use it mainly for reverb type short delays but it excels at everything. As a previous poster stated, modulation would put it in a class of it's own.

I love the way the warm bigness of the repeats seems to sit behind the note. They always seem to compliment whatever you play and not obstruct.

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
Owned two of these through the years and they both demonstrated a noticeable popping noise when engaged (used them in front of the amp, not in an effects loop). Anyone else experiencing such an issue?

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
Mine has never popped. I have read many times that a certain pedal in the chain - NOT the one that is popping but ANOTHER pedal- can cause popping in the pedal that is in fact popping...

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
Mine popped even when they were the only thing placed between guitar and amp. The second one was purchased new from Godlyke and when I returned it the folks over there considered it working fine. Go figure....

335fuzzdelay

I had the 999 as a compensation for not getting the AD-900 in time. But in fact, they are both killer!!!

The 900 blends so naturally with the original sound while the 999 enhances it for solos, being a great natural boost that just amplifies and enhances the mid freequenies

I surely recommend them both ;)

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
The AD999 is awesome, I miss mine....

It is a classic for a reason. it just plain works!

uyarchie

Patiently waiting for mine in the mail all the way from Japan... They don't sell used radioactive delay pedals there, do they? :tapedshut
Currently have an 80's Ibanez/Maxon AD9 that has always been on since I got it. Anyone pairing the AD900/Ad999 with a digital delay for long delay times etc.?

Javiceres

Patiently waiting for mine in the mail all the way from Japan... They don't sell used radioactive delay pedals there, do they? :tapedshut
Currently have an 80's Ibanez/Maxon AD9 that has always been on since I got it. Anyone pairing the AD900/Ad999 with a digital delay for long delay times etc.?
I used to mix a TimeFactor, PitchFactor and AD-900. I ended up selling the Maxon to a friend, too dark for me I like more high end available, even if not a lot more, in an analog delay. The AD-999 seems like the ticket... I don't know 'cause I can't try it. Perhaps the new Waza DM-2?

Trending Topics