Maxon CS-9 Pro Chorus Pedal........Anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Grady, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Grady

Grady Windjammer Gold Supporting Member

I've been looking for a good analog chorus pedal.
    Nobody seems to say anything about the Maxon. I've listen to some clips and looked on HC for reviews. It all sounded good. But thats not the whole story.
    So is there anybody that has actually use this pedal. If so what are your thoughts?? Thanks.

Grady

2. PSaulino

PSaulino Silver Supporting Member

Hi,

I have one. I used it on a gig Friday night. I mainly use chorus live to do Leslie type sounds, at home I fool around with reliving the 80's... you get the idea. I also run it in stereo both live and at home.

Oh, you want to know about the CS-9 Pro?

It's probably the BEST chorus I've ever heard. Versatile, pristine, and excels at all aspects you would want a chorus for, incudling the leslie thing. I also have in here an AM Clone (tied for 2nd), Boss DC-2 (A Flock of Seagulls/Duran Duran, not a bad thing), Boss CE-3s (heh, I have 2, how the hell did that happen?), Arion SCH-1, Boss CE-5 (also tied for 2nd, this is the older analog one and also has FXDoctors VB2 mod which sounds un friggin believable).. did I forget one? I dunno.

P.

3. ScottB

ScottB Gold Supporting Member

+1

I've got one, too.

I love it. Can't say I've compared it to all of the other boutiquey stuff that is touted here, but I can say I love the adjustability.

So: great tone, very adjustable.

4. Grady

Thanks guys.
    I know when I was listening to the clips on thier website, I thought it sounded awesome.
    I was wondering how it holds up to being overdriven? Does it retain its clarity?

Grady

5. ScottB

ScottB Gold Supporting Member

I think it does.

I've used mine with large amounts of gain playing stuff like "Plush" and "Tom Sawyer" and it did well. This was in the loop, with most of the gain coming from pre-amp distortion.

Scott

6. Big Bob

Big Bob Guest

Quick questions guys...

Does it sound like the plain ol CS9? Just with more versatillity? Or a different beast altogether....

Thanks!
    Bob

7. jbird327

jbird327 Member

I have always been a fan of the CS9, the Pro just improves upon it.

8. Grady

Well I couldn't stand it any longer.:NUTS I have researched these chorus pedals to death.:horse I went ahead and pull the trigger.:jo Musictoyz had the Maxon for $224.95+$5.95 shipping.:AOK So maybe I can get back to playing instead of shopping, at least until the GAS pains hit me again.:eek:

Grady

9. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

Does the chorus signal phase out in mono when you use the 2 outputs? That happens with my old ibanez box. That was always cool about the Boss CE3 has it had the dry/wet output mode....