Maxon / Ibanez AD-80 Effect Blend Knob

HowardMusic

Silver Supporting Member
Is it possible to modify the effect blend knob to get more range on it? On mine it seems to be all or nothing, and it's difficult to dial-in a more subtle effect (although possible with some difficulty). I think the delay sounds great, but just wishing for more range and control on the blend. Does anyone notice a similar thing with their AD-80s? Thanks.

Last edited:

ziess

Yeah mine is exactly the same. You can either have no echo, a little echo, a lot if echo or only echo. Not much gradation between them at all. I've learned to work with it.

boppy

I had this issue with my AD-80 and I fixed it by opening the case and dousing the BACK OF THE POT with naptha/lighter fluid. Prior to that, I was just dribbling naptha down the pot-stem from the top of the pedal--it worked initially, but the problem kept coming back.

It seems to be a common issue given the age of these pedals, so I hope everyone will try this.

Nothing gets that spacey Gilmour "reverb" sound like the AD-80.

HowardMusic

Silver Supporting Member
Boppy, thanks. Do you think contact cleaner would have the same impact as the naptha? Thanks again.

itkindaworks

Silver Supporting Member
I've got the same scenario. I always thought it was a design issue because I've had two that had the same characteristics.

Trending Topics