May be getting a good acoustic

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gadzooka, May 18, 2008.

1. gadzooka

gadzooka Member

I havent had an acoustic guitar for some time. My electrics are fantastic, but I'm starving for an acoustic, know what I mean? Well, a friend of mine who is a great guitarist is going to sell his '01 Martin HD-28 to me for a decent price. I was thinking about getting something from a smaller outfit, like Huss & Dalton, but this HD-28 is awesome, and coming from this friend, it's way more special than it otherwise would be. Saving a grand or two doesn't hurt either.

Oh well, I'm really excited, so I felt I had to blab about it here!;)

2. guitarfish

guitarfish Member

AWESOME!!! I LOVE Martins!!! And the HD-28 is a beee-U-tiful one!!

3. guitarfish

guitarfish Member

Here's some Martin love for ya...

[​IMG]

4. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

A good Martin is a great guitar. Nothing can beat the best of them.

5. Tricks

Tricks Member

They're great, and you'll be making a sound investment (unintended pun there), I've got a '78 HD28 which I've had for 26 years. Don't think twice,you won't regret it.

6. gadzooka

gadzooka Member

I used to work with the owner of this guitar, and we would jam on our lunch breaks. He's a semi-professional player and a much more advanced player than I, so I learned a lot from him. He often used this HD-28 in our jams. I know just how much I like the guitar, so it was a no-brainer to take his offer. I just need to scrape up a little more cash and I'll have it.

My guitars will be a fairly predictable set: 1967 Gibson ES-335, 2003 Fender Stratocaster, and 2001 Martin HD-28. I have owned many guitars in my time, and these three are the result of keeping the best and selling the rest. I still like many of the smaller manufacturers, but I'll end up with the big three.

7. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

I have a Martin HD-28 Marquis I bought from GC last year. I picked up for a Guytron GT-20 and $650 in trade. I think I did ok and the guitar is awesome, Martin still builds good stuff overall. Have fun a good/great acoustic is a nice thing.

8. gadzooka

gadzooka Member

I'm getting the HD-28 tonight!

9. gadzooka

gadzooka Member

Well, here it is! I've played this guitar before, so I knew exactly what I was getting. It's a 2001 model, in great condition, gotten in a friendship deal for a great price. What a voice it has! Three-day weekend approaching...boy oh boy! :)

[​IMG]

10. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

11. guitarfish

guitarfish Member