1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Maybe Mick and Keef are not going to make up after all!!?.

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by bluesjunior, May 21, 2011.

1. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Member

2. Mark Barna

Mark Barna Supporting Member

This is great news. With recent performances, Mick shows he still has something to offer. As for Keith, I think he's fried. In the Scorsese film, he could barely play. And his swaggering drug style just gets old in this day and age when we know the high cost of substance abuse.

Go, Mick, go!

3. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

I don't know about you, but I love the idea of a new Wino's album almost more than new Stones music.

4. coot tone

coot tone Member

+1

Keith's been low profile playing-wise the last few years, mainly because his wife had BLADDER CANCER. Fortunately, she seems to be doing great, and I'm fired up about the new Winos record.

5. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy Member

So your agenda includes dismissing Keith because of his "swaggering drug style" for the past 40 years, but Mick "still has something to offer" because he's the pinnacle of morality.

OK.

I didn't see any sort of animosity play in that story- other than Mick 'is doing his thing' which is his business and not some sort of angle on Keith.

Why not just be happy one or both of them is making music- and even if they're not- for the past 45+ years they've made enough music that has made all of us happy.

6. jazzbasta

jazzbasta Member

Agreed. One could only wish for a little animosity to shake things up, as the Stones more likely have to deal with the demon of BOREDOM at this stage...

7. pennylink

pennylink Member

I tend to agree that Keith's best days are probably over, but to me he still seems like a much more 'honest' and interesting person than Mick. Good luck to both of them anyway. They defined British blues/rock in the 60's and beyond.

8. Not Through Yet

Not Through Yet Member

Same here. I'd expect any band with Richards calling the shots to channel more classic Stones DNA than anything new involving Jagger.

9. coldfingaz

coldfingaz Member

I wonder if Mick & Keith fight about this crap as much as TGP does.

It's probably pretty easy for them to get over it though... when they're facing the prospect of a $250 million tour.

10. strings2wood

strings2wood Supporting Member

They'd fight over the use by date on marshmallows.....

not always reported in the British Press

11. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Member

Phil Cornwell and John Sessions pure classic British comedy. Mick and Keef were really big fans of these skits and never missed an episode. Hilarious to imagine a street in London with Al Pacino, Michael Caine, Jack Nicholson, Dirk Bogard and many other stars all living there with Mick and Keef running the corner shop. By the way John and Phil did all the characters.[​IMG]

12. Ephi82

Ephi82 Member

13. rickc007

rickc007 Gold Supporting Member

This is funny :)

Had never seen these, thanks for posting

14. lhallam

lhallam Member

Mick going off on his own has been done before, apparent not very successfully I might add.

Unlike with Segovia, Keith's gtr style is not something that an older person can't handle as long as his fingers don't become arthritic. His timing is impeccable. Whether anyone wants to hear it or not is a different story.

Mick & Keith haven't done anything really new in a long time.

15. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

From the 33 1/3 Rules of Rock

24. Do not hang out with Jeff Lynne or Dave Stewart. They will produce your record, you will have to take part in periodic psychedelic revivals, and you'll start dressing like them. Do you want to wear a paisley vest and cowboy boots that badly?

7. Supergroups never are.

16. Mark Barna

Mark Barna Supporting Member

No agenda, Golden Boy, I'm just throwing down transient thoughts. I don't dismiss Keith just because of his druggie lifestyle. It's also because he can't play or sing anymore. I forget to mention above he can't sing anymore. The last Rolling Stones studio CD was great...except for Keith's two songs.

17. Teleplayer

Teleplayer New Mods On The Block Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

With a British wife, I actually understood the skit and what each person was looking for!

Some of it was pretty funny, especially because I have been in shops like that a zillion times during my visits. Good stuff.

:D

18. Lotis

Lotis Silver Supporting Member

19. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

having seen Mick preening over the past 20+ yrs. (the period after his great work) I have zero interest in anything he has to offer at this point ... he's become an effete, pretentious, Economist-reading social-climber that hasn't had a spark of musical fire in that time that I discern...

this project has zero interest for me (at least as far as Mick's end of it goes).

20. tiktok

tiktok Supporting Member

When I picture a likely reader of The Economist, I imagine some guy who went to the London School Of Economics, is a multi-millionaire, runs a successful corporation that operates globally, and that carries a few drug besotted legacy members on the board.