Maz Jr. Reverb or Non-Reverb

msr13

I have been able to try the Reverb. A 112. And, it was great. I couldn't try a non-reverb. I play clean and go for a warm, jazzy tone. I use a little reverb and love my Hermida Reverb pedal. Is there a significant reason not to get the non-reverb? It is $200 cheaper, but I haven't been able to listen to it. Also, what are the tonal differences between the 210 and the 112?

Thanks for any advice.

Astronome

from what i understand the reverb model will be a little more compressed sounding as you turn it up and has a nice thick jazzy clean tone. the non reverb will naturally get more dirt and grind as you turn it up. Less compression and more open sounding. I actually love the non reverb amps because of the way they sound. Ill add a reverb pedal for that little bit of space. Less clutter for me. Also i havent tried the 210 but i do have a z 410 and it is the best cab i have hands down. So much clean punchy goodness, way more 3d sounding than a 112.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I tried the 2x10 combo with reverb and was blown away by it... The $200 for the spring 'verb onboard is well worth it IMHO. What a freakin' great amp... I gotta find $1500 for one ASAP.

gsf

More gain (slightly) on the non-reverb, plus you get a loop. It's a $75 option on the reverb model.

Dave_C

I've had an NR head since 2002 and love it. With the loop on the NR, it opens up so many more options, IMO. For one, you get an infinite selection of reverb options. As great as any single amp spring 'verb may be, it won't do anything other than that ONE reverb...forever. Secondly, you get an infinite selection of post-OD FX options in general. Things like chorus, flange, delay, etc, all really want to be in the amp loop. You may argue that since you play bone clean, you could always add that stuff out front. But, what if you find yourself needing OD someday and also find (as most do) that OD pedals sound best when the preamp is near breakup or slightly breaking up. At that point, you really want all those FX in the amp loop. The NR option opens up all those possibilities.

nlopez

Silver Supporting Member
I just sold my Rev. I didn't use the reverb much, but it was beautiful! If I get another Maz, I will get a NR as I want gain more the rev. IF you want clean, IMO the extra $200 is worth it

Trending Topics