Mcinturff Royal

GEN DAWG

Silver Supporting Member
Do you remember any details about yours that you can share..........never know I may have bought it. thanks
Sure. The thing I remember best is the neck. It is Terry's very comfortable, fullish-C-shaped carve. The action was nice and low. I don't play super high on the neck, but fret access was good. Fast-playing neck. The tones were somewhere between a Strat and a 335, if that makes sense. It could quack in the 2 and 4 positions like a good Strat, but it had a warm, somewhat nasal, resonant tone like a nice semi-hollow axe. From a workmanship standpoint, it was 100/100; Terry is a pro's pro. I recall it being good for rock and for clean stuff. It has its own voice, so it's not exactly like anything else I have played.

stringgears

Sure. The thing I remember best is the neck. It is Terry's very comfortable, fullish-C-shaped carve. The action was nice and low. I don't play super high on the neck, but fret access was good. Fast-playing neck. The tones were somewhere between a Strat and a 335, if that makes sense. It could quack in the 2 and 4 positions like a good Strat, but it had a warm, somewhat nasal, resonant tone like a nice semi-hollow axe. From a workmanship standpoint, it was 100/100; Terry is a pro's pro. I recall it being good for rock and for clean stuff. It has its own voice, so it's not exactly like anything else I have played.
thanks for those details.............I was thinking more on the year of the guitar made / color / body wood / etc. thanks,

GEN DAWG

Silver Supporting Member
Ok. Mine was, as I think most are, a mahogany body with a tiger-flamed maple top. It was a red-orange sunburst. I owned the guitar in the mid-2000s (maybe 2005), but I bought it used, and it was a couple years old.

jazzgitter

I have a 3 pickup Glory similar to my avatar. They all share the same genetics. Super clear piano like tones and 5 star craftsmanship. I hope Terry is doing OK. He's been off the forum for some time now.

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
I have a 3 pickup Glory similar to my avatar. They all share the same genetics. Super clear piano like tones and 5 star craftsmanship. I hope Terry is doing OK. He's been off the forum for some time now.

I just spoke with him about ten days ago. He is fine.

NeuroLogic

I have a Royal 3-T90 and Glory Custom 3-T90. The Royal with the soundport has a slightly more semihollow property. If I had to own one guitar this would be it. They're extremely versatile with fantastic tone and playability.

I suggest replacing the small yellow capacitor with a vintage paper and oil. Terry had a specific sound in mind but it will sound more conventional with the mod. However, I am about to install Terry's new maxi Q which will very most likely take it way over-the-top and add new tones as well.

Last edited:

enharmonic

Chairman of the Bored
Platinum Supporting Member
Have not owned a Royal, but have owned a Taurus, Polaris, and Gemini.

Based on those three experiences, I wouldn't hesitate to own another McInturff. I still want a Spitfire.

Top Bottom