McNaught Dealer??

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by encorerb, Jan 8, 2006.

1. encorerb

encorerb Member

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to order another McNaught singlecut, does anyone know of a good reputable dealer with lower prices ? I ordered my last one from the guy in Michigan I forgot his name right now but I was totally unimpressed with his service. I had to constantly stay on top of him to get the job done, like a babysitter, too many messages went unanswered and my order was messed up because of it. A promised 2 month guitar took 6 months . I had to contact Dave and Dave myself and they had a different order than he had and my guitar ended up coming in different than what I wanted. Any new dealers that are reputable would be helpful. Thanks Ralph

2. killerburst

killerburst killerburstguitars.com Silver Supporting Member

3. snoopy1@isoc.ne

snoopy1@isoc.ne Silver Supporting Member

I know what you mean. I had many Mcnaught dealers The best one is Tom Jenson at Deepblueguitars.com he is only afew minuts away from there shop. Tom answers all me e-mails gives you a good price and takes the next step some of my friends had dealt with him and all of them was just great. I dont care for the others But Tom gets my thumbs up give him a call

4. hemlock

hemlock Guest

5. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

I actually bought a McNaught from Boutique Guitar Exchange. Michelle was a pleasure to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

6. phoenix

phoenix Member

7. niersbach

niersbach Member

Tom Jensen at www.deepblueguitars.com is by far and away the best guy to deal with as far as McNaughts go. Pricewise I am 100 percent positive that he will be extremely competitive but where it all changes i sthe fact that he literally lives 10 minutes from Daves shop so he actually goes and picks out your wood either himself or takes pictures for you to pick it yourself. He doesnt call the shop, he just stops by and talks to the Daves face to face so there is much better communication between dealer and builder. He actually see's your guitar get built instead of relying on phone calls to get progress updates and such. I dont see how any other dealer can compete with that type of interaction and service (unless its Scott Splawn who also lives nearby)

8. encorerb

encorerb Member

Thanks guys for the help. I remember now it was Lance at Rays that I give the big ol' thumbs down to. His prices are good, but his service blows.

9. I completely disagree. And everyone knows there are two sides to every story... :rolleyes:

10. niersbach

niersbach Member

Me too!!! (I thought his prices were high!!!) LOLOLOL Sorry, just couldnt help myself....:p

11. Dreaded

Dreaded Member

Sorry you had a bad experiance dealing with me. I dont recall the guitar perhaps you could refresh my memory. As far as the time frame I get told one thing from the guys at the shop but being the guitars are handbuilt sometimes things are right on time and sometimes things get behind a little or even alot. I can also tell you if the guitar was ordered in 05 I had a very bad year. Went though a divorce lost my house ect.... so It was a struggle to get back on my feet. Im back in the swing now. I do my best to get people what they want at a fair price. I think most people that deal with me would say I got out of my way to make sure things are right. If you want to give me a call I would be happy to talk to you about what went on with the last order and even if you dont order though me again we would at least walk away with no negitive feelings.

12. Big plus one from me on this one. - Mike

13. snoopy1@isoc.ne

snoopy1@isoc.ne Silver Supporting Member

I'm there with you I know what you mean :RoCkIn