1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

FSOT mcnaught green tiger VSC

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium' started by cpark227, Jun 7, 2020.

1. cpark227

cpark227 Silver Supporting Member

McNaught Green Tiger VSC (Vintage Single Cut) styled after Joe Perry's "Boneyard" Gibson. Best Les Paul style guitar I've owned/played....including custom shop gibsons.

-Diamond-Top (McNaught's designation for highly figured upgraded top)
    -Brazilian Rosewood fretboard
    -block fretmarker inlays
    -RS GuitarWorks Vintage Upgrade Kit
    -Sheptone pickups
    -TonePros bridge
    -Neck profile is a typical McNaught "C" profile. Very comfortable and fast entire length of neck
    -Proprietary neck thru construction. Very resonant guitar!
    -Comes with DTM Certificate of Authenticity and OHSC.

cash $3500
    only thing i'd consider trading for is a fujifilm gfx camera.

9fingers, skhan007, lifeson1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Drew816

Drew816 Member

Wow, that is a work of art... GLWYS!

3. cpark227

thanks!

4. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

Yeah, that's true functional art. . . too bad I work for Sony. . . .lol. Which GFX?

5. cpark227

haha sony's are nice too. i use to have a couple of their cameras. gfx 50r

6. lifeson1

hmmm, might know a guy... I beta tested the 50R- love it

7. cpark227

SWEET let me know! how does the sony a7r iv stack up against the gfx 50

8. lifeson1

Im one of the head trainers up here in northeast for Sony DI, and I personally love the RIV. It’s a bit much depending on what application you are running. GFX is a medium format sensor, so they are different animals. But the RIV running at 62MP at 10FPS makes it a real Swiss Army knife of a camera. Plus, added benefit of cropping it down to 28MP with 98% sensor AF coverage is unheard of.

GFX is pretty remarkable, though. If you are mainly a studio portrait or achitecture/fine art guy, it’s for you. If you need more speed, more lenses, etc.... RIV is a world unto itself

9. cpark227

oh wow that's cool! yea, what i had in mind for the gfx was going to be mostly landscape stuff. i have my fujifilm xt4 for my all around. with that being said, the a7riv did cross my mind at one point before finally settling on the gfx haha.

10. lifeson1

Again, it’s pretty subjective. See, what the Fuji doesn’t do that the RIV DOES, is pixel shift. So, instead of a 61mp still, it has a composite algorithm that will raise the resolution to 260MP!!! It’s massive. I do workshops at Grand Central Station with it and its unparalleled. It also has no low pass filter, so it will be a tad sharper than the Fuji. I primarily use my medium stuff for portraits since the Sony with G Master glass will blow your mind with landscapes. Especially with a 20 MM 1.8. You should check it out. It’s amazing. Files are also ridiculous. We have a guy that prints over 10’ wide landscapes... largest prints in world are on those cameras. Hit me up if you want more info.

11. Stratmagik87

Stratmagik87 Silver Supporting Member

Why is this guitar still here at this price? Why?

cpark227 likes this.
  12. Dr Git

Dr Git Member

I thought it was a McNaught Tiger which has 2K PIECE Fret inlay, you meant the color Green Tiger Eye . All McNaughts I played are the best made and playable guitars I played. GLWTS

13. cpark227

haha yea i wish i had one of his guitar that had the crazy inlays in it. i especially like the moonscape one! yea i've been thru a few mcnaughts...they've all been top notch guitars!

14. Dr Git

Dr Git Member

I had a Moonscape which i loved but sold...needed the $$$