Mcnaught...yeah baby!

wyldefan

Gold Supporting Member
mcnaughts-1.jpg

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Yowza!! Amazingly fantastic guitars, and that's quite the trio! Which pickups ya' got in them?

wyldefan

Gold Supporting Member
I have quite the combo. One has the Aldrich set, one had WCR Darkbursts and one has a Duncan Custom and Duncan Jazz.....

WordMan

Wax Rhapsodic
Platinum Supporting Member
mmm safari burst :dude

that a hellcat u got there too?

Nope, not a Hellcat; I have one and the controls aren't right. Cornfords rock and those are some gorgeous gits - how do they play? What are the necks like? The playability?

wyldefan

Gold Supporting Member
I really like the Aldrich set. They are hot but still retain clarity. The Mcnaughts play almost better than they look.... I have found the gutiar for me. I love the neck on these babies as well!

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
I really like the Aldrich set. They are hot but still retain clarity. The Mcnaughts play almost better than they look.... I have found the gutiar for me. I love the neck on these babies as well!
Yeah, his standard neck shape is a thing of wonder. Substantial, but not overly fat, and the slightest hint of a very soft V somewhere in there, yet not a V. Just great.

jamhandy

Hmmmm...

....I might still offer to meet you at the local blues jam with my humble P-90 equipped Reverend guitar, and my tiny little Mesa/Boogie Subway Rocket Reverb...

:)

they are sort of pretty, I suppose... but not my cup of tea...

can I spill some beer on them now?

:)

rcl

Yeah, his standard neck shape is a thing of wonder. Substantial, but not overly fat, and the slightest hint of a very soft V somewhere in there, yet not a V. Just great.

Exactly. Extremely playable but solid. Just feels right.

Marty s Horne

Dave McNaught calls that shape his "soft V" and I have it on my 7 year old Phoenix. It's one of the best feeling and playing necks I've ever played. My 3 year old Double Cut has his current neck shape he calls his "59" carve which is rounder and slightly fatter than the soft V. Both shapes are the most comfortable necks I've ever played.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom