mdv-3 deja vibe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fenderjapan, Jan 8, 2016.

1. fenderjapan

fenderjapan World Heavyweight Champion Silver Supporting Member

I just picked up an MDV-3 Deja vibe.

I have the voltage doubling cable that would allow me to power it from my pedal power mondo, but I also have the 18v wall wart.

Demoing both power supplies, I can tell there is a difference in sound but I cant tell exactly what it is, which makes me wonder if its just me thinking there is a difference.

Should I just use the pedal power, or do I need to invest in a power strip for my board to keep the MDV happy using its own adaptor?

(for those wondering, the three prong outlet on my pedal power mondo is already being used by my tube driver)

2. jimijimmyjeffy

jimijimmyjeffy Member

I only use it at 18v, as I have had good experiences with a lot of pedals at 18. Wait a minute, don't you have to use that one at 18v??

3. fenderjapan

fenderjapan World Heavyweight Champion Silver Supporting Member

I am using it at 18v.

The question is... does the 18v from the pedal power mondo (using voltage doubling cables and two 9v outs) equal the 18v adaptor in sound quality.

4. jimijimmyjeffy

jimijimmyjeffy Member

Ah, sorry. That one is over my head.

5. Plexihead

Plexihead Member

It should equal 18V, you can always use a multimeter to check. I will likely be doing the same if I don't purchase a power supply with a dedicated 18V tap.