• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Meet the Dimarzio Area Hot Tele Pickup

HarryJ

Hey folks,

So... here is the new Dimarzio Area Hot T bridge pup.
Nice slow minor blues BT (sorry forgot who made it)

This 'thang has the bite, ballz, and punch... but remains very Tele IMHO
Like many Tele guys, I often like to sneak the tone control to 7 or so to mellow the bridge pickup a bit. I didn't do that this time, tone is full up.
I use the bridge pup exclusively except for a short phrase with the Area neck near the end at 2:10

USA Peavey Gen 3 Chambered "Tele"

Very modded '74 Princeton

http://www.harryj.net/AreaHot.mp3

Harry Jacobson
www.harryj.net

As per my new D'Addario string endorsement... I must say these are D'Addario 10's

MrMunky

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for the clip. I have been oogling this pickup since I first heard about it a month or so ago. The attack seems to have a PAF-like character, which, I suppose, would be consistent with how DiMarzio promotes this pickup.

HarryJ

I just slapped the thing in my guitar a few hours ago... I really didn't plan on recording anything today... I don't have the time ... but I found myself inspired to the point that I could not put the damn guitar down..... so this was my 2nd take live.. slapped some 'verb, and delay on ...

H

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! I used to have one of those peavey's...cool guitars.
Greg

jb70

friggen' great harry!!! i love your gear demos because your playing always makes me forget that i'm listening to a "gear demo".

jack

GP_Hawk

Sweet playing as usual Harry. Are these a new area hot T or have they been out for a while? I remember last year John(Findlay) had put a neck/bridge pair in his tele. At the time I was putting together a tele and went with another pickup choice, but they sure sounded good. Maybe my next tele build I'll look into these.

HarryJ

The last tune I posted was the V Hot, also a great pickup 'fer sure
Similar enough that this one replaces the V Hot. The Area seems to have a little more mid honk when the vol if full up, and more traditional/vintage when the volume is at 8. I start this tune with the volume at 8, and constantly ride it.

Craftmatic

Gold Supporting Member
Hey folks,

So... here is the new Dimarzio Area Hot T bridge pup.
Nice slow minor blues BT (sorry forgot who made it)

This 'thang has the bite, ballz, and punch... but remains very Tele IMHO

http://www.harryj.net/AreaHot.mp3

Harry Jacobson
www.harryj.net
Wow, beautiful clip. It helped me make my choice to buy this pickup. It's also the clip DiMarzio uses on their site. One question Harry, does the regular Area T neck pickup keep up with the Hot T bridge in output or is it noticeably less loud/powerful? (Your clip for the regular Area T neck pickup on the DiMarzio site is also wonderful!)

BlueHeaven

friggen' great harry!!! i love your gear demos because your playing always makes me forget that i'm listening to a "gear demo".

jack
+1. The tone is fantastic but the playing is so good I get lost in it and forget to zero in on the tone.

HarryJ

Wow, beautiful clip. It helped me make my choice to buy this pickup. It's also the clip DiMarzio uses on their site. One question Harry, does the regular Area T neck pickup keep up with the Hot T bridge in output or is it noticeably less loud/powerful? (Your clip for the regular Area T neck pickup on the DiMarzio site is also wonderful!)

Thx man... Wow have not heard this in a while... forgot I did it :)

The volumes are not drastically different. I adjust the height to achieve this with no problem

HarryJ

I just finished a Strat with Area 67s in it all the way through. They sound great.
I agree, I feel the '67 represents the most accurate Strat tone in a noiseless avail to date.

I do love the slightly richer tones of '58 and '61 mind you, but keep in mind they are both Low Peak designs, where as a standard Strat is high peak like the '67

The '67 was born based on a series of conversations, and beta tests between Steve Blucher and myself

Trending Topics