• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Memory Boy not works with power supply

KC_Lee

Hello

I’ve had my MB for a while. I use with boss/ibanez adaptor that came with it. It works fine and I love it.
But I just bought T-rex Fuel Tank Chameleon and I found that MB didn’t work as the same.
The big problem is on delay time knob. It’s faster than it was with the adaptor. And it didn’t work after 3 o’clock.
I’m surely I plugged it right on 9VDC 300mA port and the jack is 2.1 mm. center is negative.
So I switched to the adaptor and it’s still work normally.
I bought The Fuel Tank because I don’t want to carry many adaptors as I was.
Does MB really work only with 96DC-200BI adaptor? Can I find another way to use it with Fuel Tank?

Please help! Thank you!

PS. I have only 3 pedals. Soul Food, Holier Grail and Memory Boy. The others work fine.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
96DC-200BI is Electro Harmonix power supply which is meant to substitute Boss/Ibanez adapters. Although Boss PSA adapter has more power I'd stick with 96DC-200BI any day. The nominal voltage at the output of 96DC-200BI is 9.6V.
I just measured outputs of my Chameleon. It's 8.8-9.0V depending on the particular output. I guess less voltage converts into less delay time. By the way Boss PSA has 9.4V at the output. Who knows what happens with them all under the load condition.
If you need longer delay than what Memory Boy gives you with Chameleon you might like to keep on using EHX power supply. It's not a bad PSU.

KC_Lee

96DC-200BI is Electro Harmonix power supply which is meant to substitute Boss/Ibanez adapters. Although Boss PSA adapter has more power I'd stick with 96DC-200BI any day. The nominal voltage at the output of 96DC-200BI is 9.6V.
I just measured outputs of my Chameleon. It's 8.8-9.0V depending on the particular output. I guess less voltage converts into less delay time. By the way Boss PSA has 9.4V at the output. Who knows what happens with them all under the load condition.
If you need longer delay than what Memory Boy gives you with Chameleon you might like to keep on using EHX power supply. It's not a bad PSU.
Thanks a lot sanfi4u
But it's sad to know that I must be use the adaptor as the same. T T
I bought the Chameleon because of comfortable reason.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
As you know Chameleon has a switchable output voltage - 9 or 12V. It's done by switching resistor in the control circuit of corresponding voltage stabilizer. So the actual voltage you get at particular output can be changed by changing the resistor value. But I'd say it's a task for a qualified technician.
One more idea. Memory boy can be powered with a battery. Manual reads alkaline batteries only can be used. This requirement indirectly confirms Memory boy is voltage sensitive (New Carbon Zinc ones can have 10V and more). But try new and old alkaline batteries anyway to check it yourself. If delay time changes then the only way to solve the issue is feeding MB with 9.6V power.

KC_Lee

As you know Chameleon has a switchable output voltage - 9 or 12V. It's done by switching resistor in the control circuit of corresponding voltage stabilizer. So the actual voltage you get at particular output can be changed by changing the resistor value. But I'd say it's a task for a qualified technician.
One more idea. Memory boy can be powered with a battery. Manual reads alkaline batteries only can be used. This requirement indirectly confirms Memory boy is voltage sensitive (New Carbon Zinc ones can have 10V and more). But try new and old alkaline batteries anyway to check it yourself. If delay time changes then the only way to solve the issue is feeding MB with 9.6V power.
So this is my stupid question.
Can plug 12V from my Chameleon to Memory Boy?
Will it damaged or something?
Thanks

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
Manual says 12V is the max voltage allowed. So it may be risky. In some cases it works well, in some don't. Read these threads and decide for yourself.

TGP
EHX

KC_Lee

Manual says 12V is the max voltage allowed. So it may be risky. In some cases it works well, in some don't. Read these threads and decide for yourself.

TGP
EHX
Mine is Memory Boy analog delay not Deluxe Memory Boy
Anyway, thank you again for your replies :)
Today I try my MB with my friend's DC Brick, it's the same as my fueltank,
Not working after 3.00

But he had the EHX #1 Echo on his pedalboard,
So now I've wondered why it's work fine with his DC Brick?
The manual says 9.6V same as my MB :(

Trending Topics